Posted to rec.audio.tubes
J.P. J.P. is offline

Default Newby Runs into a bunch of new old stock tubes - Best way to get rid of extras..

In my quest for a tube tester, I have bougt the remains of an old TV
repair shop and have between 500 and 1000 new old stock tubes in
original boxes in good shape, several testers, a couple hundred of
Sams tv schematics in like new shape. record players, some in almost
perfect condition, stereos, a couple of tube tv's and radios, and who
knows what else. How is the best way to sell the things I have no need
for? How can I figure out fair pricing? Is an Ebay store a good idea?
I am sure these can be used by someone... Thanks..J.P.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] shoppa@trailing-edge.com is offline

J. P. wrote:
In my quest for a tube tester, I have bougt the remains of an old TV
repair shop and have between 500 and 1000 new old stock tubes in
original boxes in good shape, several testers, a couple hundred of
Sams tv schematics in like new shape. record players, some in almost
perfect condition, stereos, a couple of tube tv's and radios, and who
knows what else. How is the best way to sell the things I have no need
for? How can I figure out fair pricing? Is an Ebay store a good idea?
I am sure these can be used by someone... Thanks..J.P.

NOS TV-type tubes (as opposed to the audio ones) have a street value
measured in pennies (when you can measure at all!)

Picking them over for the desirable ones (some sweep tubes are
desirable by hams and unfortunately CB'ers, a couple of the Compactrons
are used in a couple brands of guitar amps) and selling them on E-bay,
and then hoping to sell the remaining hundreds for a few dollars, is
probably the best choice.

There are some good guys on E-bay who sell refurbed/guaranteed
turntables already, look at what they sell and their prices and
policies. Boxing and shipping will be a major cost for each sale.

Tim.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
robert casey robert casey is offline

NOS TV-type tubes (as opposed to the audio ones) have a street value
measured in pennies (when you can measure at all!)

People over in these forums would be interested in the "low value" TV tubes:
http://audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19
http://audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45
http://audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36