Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Patrick Patrick is offline

Default Batch testing NOS 6SN7 Sylvania: results

test lot: Sylvania NOS 6SN7GT D-plates, tall envelope, 36pcs
total: 36 (100%)
halves identical: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 2.5%: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 5%: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 7.5%: 3 (8%)
halves higher spread: 18 (50%)
pairs identical: 1
pairs within 2.5%: 2
pairs within 5%:1

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Tom Schlangen Tom Schlangen is offline

Hi Patrick,

wrote:
test lot: Sylvania NOS 6SN7GT D-plates, tall envelope, 36pcs
total: 36 (100%)
halves identical: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 2.5%: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 5%: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 7.5%: 3 (8%)
halves higher spread: 18 (50%)
pairs identical: 1
pairs within 2.5%: 2
pairs within 5%:1

lots of numbers and percentage ratios, but what was actually
measured? Maybe the length of the plate structure in millimeters?

Anyway, I am reluctant to trust any statistic I didn't fake myself.

Tom

--
A consultant is a man who knows 40 ways to make love,
but doesn't know any women.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] tubegarden@aol.com is offline

Tom Schlangen wrote:
Hi Patrick,

wrote:
test lot: Sylvania NOS 6SN7GT D-plates, tall envelope, 36pcs
total: 36 (100%)
halves identical: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 2.5%: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 5%: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 7.5%: 3 (8%)
halves higher spread: 18 (50%)
pairs identical: 1
pairs within 2.5%: 2
pairs within 5%:1

lots of numbers and percentage ratios, but what was actually
measured? Maybe the length of the plate structure in millimeters?

Anyway, I am reluctant to trust any statistic I didn't fake myself.

Tom

--
A consultant is a man who knows 40 ways to make love,
but doesn't know any women.

Hi RATs!

Now, take the good pair and the worst pair see if you can hear anything
change in a system.

Happy Ears!
Al

An expert is a man who knows so many ways to make love he doesn't need
to count the women

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
robert casey robert casey is offline

Patrick wrote:

test lot: Sylvania NOS 6SN7GT D-plates, tall envelope, 36pcs
total: 36 (100%)
halves identical: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 2.5%: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 5%: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 7.5%: 3 (8%)
halves higher spread: 18 (50%)
pairs identical: 1
pairs within 2.5%: 2
pairs within 5%:1

Just like with transistors, an engineer has to design his circuits to
not be sensitive to the above variations. This makes for better
production manufacture, and also helps as tubes age in the field.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Patrick Patrick is offline

"Tom Schlangen" schreef in bericht
Hi Patrick,

wrote:
test lot: Sylvania NOS 6SN7GT D-plates, tall envelope, 36pcs
total: 36 (100%)
halves identical: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 2.5%: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 5%: 5 (13.8%)
halves within 7.5%: 3 (8%)
halves higher spread: 18 (50%)
pairs identical: 1
pairs within 2.5%: 2
pairs within 5%:1

lots of numbers and percentage ratios, but what was actually
measured? Maybe the length of the plate structure in millimeters?

Anyway, I am reluctant to trust any statistic I didn't fake myself.

Tom

--
A consultant is a man who knows 40 ways to make love,
but doesn't know any women.

Transconductance was measured using a Hickok 533A, taget average value 2600.
the results are from 2200-33400. largest difference between halves 700
micromohs.

Patrick

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Tom Schlangen Tom Schlangen is offline

Hi Patrick,

thank you for clarifying.

Tom

--
MS-DOS is the worst text adventure game I have ever played:
Poor vocabulary, weak parser and boring storyline.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Patrick Patrick is offline

"Patrick" schreef in bericht

wrote:
[...]

Typo: replace "taget" by "target", "33400" by "3400"

Patrick

Comments about Blind Testing watch king High End Audio 24 January 28th 04 04:03 PM
audio coax cable JYC High End Audio 239 January 18th 04 08:12 PM
Richman's ethical lapses Michael McKelvy Audio Opinions 9 December 12th 03 08:16 AM
science vs. pseudo-science ludovic mirabel High End Audio 91 October 3rd 03 09:56 PM