Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default A celebrity visits RAT

Chris Hornbeck
"I expect a black silence that is almost as violent as laughter."
- Jean Cocteau, 1932

Jean Cocteau? Cocteau? Ah, I got him, the fellow who got to be famous
for dying on the same day as the Sparrow of France, Edith Piaf. Well, I
guess that qualifies him as enough of a celebrity to get onto Big
Brother.

Andre "Street Cred" Jute

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio

Andre Jute wrote:
Chris Hornbeck
"I expect a black silence that is almost as violent as laughter."
- Jean Cocteau, 1932

Jean Cocteau? Cocteau? Ah, I got him, the fellow who got to be famous
for dying on the same day as the Sparrow of France, Edith Piaf. Well, I
guess that qualifies him as enough of a celebrity to get onto Big
Brother.

Andrew Jute "Street Muffins" McCoy

Keerist.... Cocteau, whilst clearly several straws short of a full
bale, at least accomplished something during his lifetime... likely
more in any given week than you might hope for in the entirety of the
grey miasma that passes for your existence.

You are what? 61 now? Might it not be about time to actually do
something with your life and self-professed talents rather than
strutting and posturing, spewing your drivel in this tiny backwater of
the internet?

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio
Prune Prune is offline

"Andre Jute" wrote in news:1155914695.207293.170620
@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Edith Piaf

/Prune vomits
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio

Prune wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in news:1155914695.207293.170620
@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Edith Piaf

/Prune vomits

You need to understand the context. Edith Piaf had a voice that is thin
and of sufficiently narrow a range that a SET system into single-driver
point-source speakers has half-a-chance at reproducing its entirety at
a reasonable volume.

That is not to say that she doesn't have her moments, but that her
citing is not based on those moments.

There is the story of the 6'-4" gentleman that walks into a custom
(bespoke to you Brits) tailor and asks for a new suit. The tailor has
him try one on that happens to be right off the rack. The customer
likes the feel and fabric, *but* he notices that one of the arms is a
little long. The tailor suggests that he raise that shoulder a bit.
Then the customer notices that it is a little loose in front. The
tailor suggests that he reach with his other hand and gather a bit of
fabric center-of-back. Then he notices that the back hangs lower than
the front, and a bit to the left. The tailor suggests that he bend
forward a bit and lean to the right.

The customer walks out of the shop and two little old ladies are
passing by. One says to the other: Such a shame, that young man all
twisted up like that! The other says: Yes, but don't his suit fit
nice!

Now you understand SET. It *can* be ethereally beautiful. But the
contortions and limitations required to get there... use your own
judgement.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On 18 Aug 2006 08:24:55 -0700, "Andre Jute" wrote:

"I expect a black silence that is almost as violent as laughter."
- Jean Cocteau, 1932

Jean Cocteau? Cocteau? Ah, I got him, the fellow who got to be famous
for dying on the same day as the Sparrow of France, Edith Piaf. Well, I
guess that qualifies him as enough of a celebrity to get onto Big
Brother.

I like his movies. Try his 1946 _Beauty and the Beast_. It's
good filmmaking fun to replay the final ascension scene just
to see how it was done (hint: in three parts), long before CGI.
Lots of other great stuff for movie lovers, too. Very highly
recommended.

All the best,

Chris Hornbeck
"History consists of truths which in the end turn into lies,
while myth consists of lies which finally turn into truths."
- Jean Cocteau