Posted to rec.audio.tech
The FlipSide The FlipSide is offline

Default XM radio through a Mackie DFX-12 board

Okay, this is the deal. I've got a Mackie DFX-12 mixing board. I host
live musicial performances and generally use the first 6 channels for
that purpose. I run a CD player through channels 11/12; a TV signal
through the "CD/TAPE" return, and it all is sent to
a power amp and onto the main speakers.

What I want to do is place a couple of indoor/outdoor Yamaha speakers
on the deck and feed an XM radio signal to those speakers. Anyone have
any ideas on how to split the signal to the deck speakers, isolating it
from the indoor mains so we can still have live performances going on
inside, through this Mackie board? Here's a link to the Mackie board
if you want to see what I'm working with.

http://www.mackie.com/products/dfx12/

Obviously, I need to figure out how to power the Yamaha speakers via
the board/amps.

Brain teaser....any ideas?
Thanks!

The FlipSide

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

The FlipSide wrote:

Okay, this is the deal. I've got a Mackie DFX-12 mixing board. I host
live musicial performances and generally use the first 6 channels for
that purpose. I run a CD player through channels 11/12; a TV signal
through the "CD/TAPE" return, and it all is sent to
a power amp and onto the main speakers.

What I want to do is place a couple of indoor/outdoor Yamaha speakers
on the deck

What deck ? A boat deck an outdoor deck ? Why is this a problem ?

You're not explaining yourself very well. Try again and keep to the relevant
bits.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
The FlipSide The FlipSide is offline

Sorry for the confusion Graham, you're right. It could be an
airline's flight deck, ocean liner's forward deck, a deck of cards,
etc.....but it's just a plane ole simple outdoor deck.

The "problem" is figuring out how to split the signal to isolate it
from the main speakers inside, around the stage where live performances
take place, and sending it to the outside, party-on deck. I'm
imagining that I'll need a seperate power amp to drive the outdoor deck
speakers. I was just wondering if anyone might have an idea on how to
avoid that.

Thanks,
The FlipSide

Eeyore wrote:
The FlipSide wrote:

Okay, this is the deal. I've got a Mackie DFX-12 mixing board. I host
live musicial performances and generally use the first 6 channels for
that purpose. I run a CD player through channels 11/12; a TV signal
through the "CD/TAPE" return, and it all is sent to
a power amp and onto the main speakers.

What I want to do is place a couple of indoor/outdoor Yamaha speakers
on the deck

What deck ? A boat deck an outdoor deck ? Why is this a problem ?

You're not explaining yourself very well. Try again and keep to the relevant
bits.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
TimPerry TimPerry is offline

The FlipSide wrote:
Sorry for the confusion Graham, you're right. It could be an
airline's flight deck, ocean liner's forward deck, a deck of cards,
etc.....but it's just a plane ole simple outdoor deck.

The "problem" is figuring out how to split the signal to isolate it
from the main speakers inside, around the stage where live
performances take place, and sending it to the outside, party-on
deck. I'm imagining that I'll need a seperate power amp to drive the
outdoor deck speakers. I was just wondering if anyone might have an
idea on how to avoid that.

Thanks,
The FlipSide

use monitor or effects sends to go to an amp or a powered speaker.