Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.audio.car
Netsirk Netsirk is offline

Default 2006 Camry JBL radio harness?

I'm having trouble finding a wiring harness for my 2006 Camry.

It is the JBL unit, with the in-dash 6-CD changer. It has a "SAT"
button, but no satellite radio. I have the separate JBL amp behind the
glove compartment (it's marked 86280-AA074). The amp has two plugs on
it.

How can I get rid of the head unit and seperate amp, and use my
aftermarket unit (I already have the mounting bracket that fits where
the JBL head unit is).

I can't seem to find the harness for this anywhere. Do I have options?

Thanks

Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.audio.car
Ray O Ray O is offline

"Netsirk" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm having trouble finding a wiring harness for my 2006 Camry.

It is the JBL unit, with the in-dash 6-CD changer. It has a "SAT"
button, but no satellite radio. I have the separate JBL amp behind the
glove compartment (it's marked 86280-AA074). The amp has two plugs on
it.

How can I get rid of the head unit and seperate amp, and use my
aftermarket unit (I already have the mounting bracket that fits where
the JBL head unit is).

I can't seem to find the harness for this anywhere. Do I have options?

Thanks

Try crutchfield.com.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.audio.car
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B is offline

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 19:43:13 -0800, Netsirk wrote:

I'm having trouble finding a wiring harness for my 2006 Camry.

It is the JBL unit, with the in-dash 6-CD changer. It has a "SAT" button,
but no satellite radio. I have the separate JBL amp behind the glove
compartment (it's marked 86280-AA074). The amp has two plugs on it.

How can I get rid of the head unit and seperate amp, and use my
aftermarket unit (I already have the mounting bracket that fits where the
JBL head unit is).

I can't seem to find the harness for this anywhere. Do I have options?

Thanks

Try Wal*Mart. The connector is specific to the car, not the radio. They
have them for $7.

The only problem here is presented by the amp. I am not sure if the head
unit sends out a low-level signal or if there is an attenuator built into
the amp. I know on Chryslers there is an attenuator in the amp, so you can
plug in any moderate-powered head unit, but Toyota may work differently.

If you plan on bypassing the amp, there are companies that make a harness
that attach the incoming connector to the outgoing connector, but the only
place I an aware to buy these is online. If you're handy with an ohm meter
you can figure this out yourself, or look online for a diagram...

Good Luck!

Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.audio.car
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B is offline

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 19:43:13 -0800, Netsirk wrote:

I'm having trouble finding a wiring harness for my 2006 Camry.

It is the JBL unit, with the in-dash 6-CD changer. It has a "SAT" button,
but no satellite radio. I have the separate JBL amp behind the glove
compartment (it's marked 86280-AA074). The amp has two plugs on it.

Take a look at Scosche's web site. I believe I saw something there for JBL
car audio.

How can I get rid of the head unit and seperate amp, and use my
aftermarket unit (I already have the mounting bracket that fits where the
JBL head unit is).

I can't seem to find the harness for this anywhere. Do I have options?

Thanks

Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.audio.car
Netsirk Netsirk is offline

Well, it turns out that I didn't need a harness that fit the plug at
the amp.
Also, I didn't need a harness that fit either radio plug.

Thanks to an installer at my local Circuit City, I was able to get this
done.

The standard Toyota harness that you can get anywhere will work - the
trick is to find the place to plug them in. The cables are tied down
under the radio, where you can't see them. Digging them up reveals the
standard connectors, unplug them and nothing goes to the Amp anymore,
so it can be removed. I didn't even need to expose the amp - you can
do the whole job right in the dash area thanks to those connectors
being there.

Thanks for the replies

Netsirk wrote:
I'm having trouble finding a wiring harness for my 2006 Camry.

It is the JBL unit, with the in-dash 6-CD changer. It has a "SAT"
button, but no satellite radio. I have the separate JBL amp behind the
glove compartment (it's marked 86280-AA074). The amp has two plugs on
it.

How can I get rid of the head unit and seperate amp, and use my
aftermarket unit (I already have the mounting bracket that fits where
the JBL head unit is).

I can't seem to find the harness for this anywhere. Do I have options?

Thanks

Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.audio.car

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 09:34:00 -0800, Netsirk wrote:

Well, it turns out that I didn't need a harness that fit the plug at the
amp.
Also, I didn't need a harness that fit either radio plug.

Thanks to an installer at my local Circuit City, I was able to get this
done.

The standard Toyota harness that you can get anywhere will work - the
trick is to find the place to plug them in. The cables are tied down
under the radio, where you can't see them. Digging them up reveals the
standard connectors, unplug them and nothing goes to the Amp anymore, so
it can be removed. I didn't even need to expose the amp - you can do the
whole job right in the dash area thanks to those connectors being there.

Thanks for the replies

Thanks for the info! As you can see, my 'guess' was wrong. Bet your 'gums'
I'll file this one away for future reference!

Netsirk wrote:
I'm having trouble finding a wiring harness for my 2006 Camry.

It is the JBL unit, with the in-dash 6-CD changer. It has a "SAT"
button, but no satellite radio. I have the separate JBL amp behind the
glove compartment (it's marked 86280-AA074). The amp has two plugs on
it.

How can I get rid of the head unit and seperate amp, and use my
aftermarket unit (I already have the mounting bracket that fits where
the JBL head unit is).

I can't seem to find the harness for this anywhere. Do I have options?

Thanks

2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram kak Car Audio 11 November 16th 06 05:27 PM
Old Radio Tube Literature for Sale Dave Watts Vacuum Tubes 0 April 6th 05 01:54 PM
Installing PIE Harness For XM Radio On 2004 Accord LX Quest's ? Robert11 Car Audio 2 May 5th 04 04:14 PM
On a mission : finding a basic radio Olivier General 4 January 4th 04 09:39 PM
Mysterious interference to satellite radio connected to Onkyo receiver Rick Tech 3 December 14th 03 03:15 PM