Keith G.

Default Lost AM reception

I recently put in a new Pioneer DEH-4600MP into a 2001 Honda Civic EX.
The FM stations and XM radio come in great, but I have no reception
on my AM stations anymore. My reception was so good I use to get New
York AM stations in Baltimore, Maryland. Did the installer do
something wrong? If not, what can I do to get my signal back?

Thanks
mayhemkrew

The newer civi's have an AM booster that needs to be powered up via the blue
pwr antenna wire in the wiring harness. The installer probably didn't hook
it up because the car didn't have a power antenna motor, but it needs to be.

om...

Reception Question Joe BLow Tech 12 February 23rd 04 03:03 AM
Advanced diversity FM reception questions Eric Car Audio 0 February 11th 04 06:06 AM