Chris Del Faro

Default Good shockmount for Beyer M88?

Would the Shure "donut", for the SM57, work well on a M88?
My local dealer would have to order one BTW.
(none in stock)

Thanks
Chris
Kurt Albershardt

Audio-Technica AT8415 works well on M88s (and lots of other mics.)

LeBaron & Alrich

Benjamin Maas wrote:

"Chris Del Faro" wrote in message ...
Would the Shure "donut", for the SM57, work well on a M88?
My local dealer would have to order one BTW.
(none in stock)

The larger one (A55M?) works ok... Not great, though (it is a bit loose).
Sometimes I end up putting a strip of gaffer's tape around the mic where the
shock mount goes to help it stay...

Either of A-T's reasonably priced mounts, the clip one or the crossed
rubberbands one, will work fine with an M88 and many other mics.

--
hank alrich * secret mountain
audio recording * music production * sound reinforcement
P Stamler

The shock mounts that come with the Groove Tubes GT-33 and GT-44 (now
distributed by M-Audio) do a great job on larger-barrel microphones like the
M88. They can be purchased separately.

Peace,
Paul
Sugarite

Audio-Technica AT8415 works well on M88s (and lots of other mics.)

Hey, good call, I was about to build a shockmount for my Rode NT4...

Kurt Albershardt

Sugarite wrote:

Audio-Technica AT8415 works well on M88s (and lots of other mics.)

Hey, good call, I was about to build a shockmount for my Rode NT4...

The AT8415 will even hold a 421.

Hal Laurent

"Kurt Albershardt" wrote in message
Sugarite wrote:

Audio-Technica AT8415 works well on M88s (and lots of other mics.)

The AT8415 will even hold a 421.

It will hold a 421, but the fit is so tight that I doubt it would be
terribly effective at shock dispersal.

Hal Laurent
Baltimore

Good System? Matt Car Audio 13 June 4th 04 07:04 PM
Newbie question: system upgrade Ted Van Norman High End Audio 5 July 17th 03 02:14 AM
good 12-16 channel mixer around $500 Roger W. Norman Pro Audio 0 July 1st 03 01:03 PM