Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
J Antero

Default Tape to CD conversion question

I have a lot of music tapes I'd like to convert to CD. Is there any easy way
to do this well?

I've heard there are "blackbox" setups for this that are easier than going
the computer route, is that correct?

Thanks

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger

"J Antero" wrote in message
ink.net
I have a lot of music tapes I'd like to convert to CD. Is
there any easy way to do this well?

I've heard there are "blackbox" setups for this that are
easier than going the computer route, is that correct?

The "black box" would of course be called an audio CD recorder. Having done
this sort of things using both a CD recorder and a PC, my opinion is that
using the PC is the preferred route. For one thing, CD recorders cost
money, while a PC that is suitable for the purpose may already be on hand.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
mc

ink.net...

www.covingtoninnovations.com/audio/digitizing

I've heard there are "blackbox" setups for this that are easier than going
the computer route, is that correct?

No.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
David Nebenzahl

J Antero spake thus:

I have a lot of music tapes I'd like to convert to CD. Is there any easy way
to do this well?

I've heard there are "blackbox" setups for this that are easier than going
the computer route, is that correct?

I've never used a "black box", but I think it might only be marginally
easier than going the PC route, and would probably give you less control
over the process.

I've been converting "analog" music to CD for years, both from vinyl and
cassette tapes, using home audio equipment plugged into a sound card
(SoundBlaster). It works very well. The nice thing is that you can
easily edit the tracks you create, chopping off empty silence at the
beginning and end, even removing clicks and pops from vinyl tracks.
Besides, it's cheap and easy to get the equipment: practically any
computer nowadays will have a sound card built in, or they can be gotten
cheap, and the audio equipment can be bought cheap at secondhand stores
(or sometimes obtained for free).

--
Pierre, mon ami. Jetez encore un Scientologiste
dans le baquet d'acide.

- from a posting in alt.religion.scientology titled
"France recommends dissolving Scientologists"