Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
dasmodul

Default Simple Newbie CD vs Vinyl Question

I've heard of this endless debate and am not trying to start another one. I
just finished reading lots of info and graphs on why analog is better than
digital since it has 'higher resolution', etc.

My simple question is that the analog vs digital signal comparison does
make sense to me and analog technically should have much better dynamic
range, then why is it when I listen to a turntable, it sounds the
opposite? Especially the highs always seem cut off where as I throw in any
CD and the extreme high/low range sound much fuller. It's funny because I
know the whole argument is that vinyl is supposed to sound fuller. Is it
because I have to listen to vinyl on some $10k turntable? I've only
listened on some high-end Technics and Stanton tables.

Also the fact that there's pops and clicks on vinyl from dust is extremely
annoying to me even when you clean it ever 2 seconds.