Posted to rec.audio.pro
muzician21 muzician21 is offline

Default Anyone else find Microsoft Security Essentials causes issues with audio?

I've had some chronic issues with audio that I think I've traced to
the presence of Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus. Anyone have
or had issues with this?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W[_3_] Phil W[_3_] is offline

"muzician21":

I've had some chronic issues with audio that I think I've traced to
the presence of Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus. Anyone have
or had issues with this?

Have you tried to switch off the real-time security part? Itīs hidden in
some menu, but itīs there...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
muzician21 wrote:
I've had some chronic issues with audio that I think I've traced to
the presence of Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus. Anyone have
or had issues with this?

No, but try shutting it down and installing ClamAV. Configure it so it
doesn't do active scanning while you're working. See if that helps.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
muzician21 muzician21 is offline

On Nov 23, 5:38*am, "Phil W" wrote:
"muzician21":

I've had some chronic issues with audio that I think I've traced to
the presence of Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus. Anyone have
or had issues with this?

Have you tried to switch off the real-time security part? Itīs hidden in
some menu, but itīs there...

It seemed to work once but on another occasion the problem persisted
even after a reboot.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Nov 23, 4:36*pm, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:
"muzician21" wrote in message

I've had some chronic issues with audio that I think I've traced to
the presence of Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus. Anyone have
or had issues with this?

Please give the details of your reasoning.

New clean install of O/S due to chronic issues with audio for the
purpose of trying to track down what's causing the problem. Installed
Cakewalk which has previously worked without issue on other machines
including this one with the same O/S. All is well until installing MSE
which I started using only fairly recently. Didn't notice it right
away because I hadn't fired up Cakewalk in a while. Same issues arise
as was occurring before the install with both Cakewalk and Windows
Media player. Go back to restore point before installing of MSE and
all is well again.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

muzician21 wrote:
I've had some chronic issues with audio that I think I've traced to
the presence of Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus. Anyone have
or had issues with this?

Many AV suites cause audio problems.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Nov 23, 4:32*am, muzician21 wrote:
I've had some chronic issues with audio that I think I've traced to
the presence of Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus. Anyone have
or had issues with this?

I yanked the M-Audio 2496 out of my other computer and installed it
and so far haven't had problems. Seems the SoundBlaster Audigy
Platinum EX has problems getting along with the antivirus on this
system though it's worked fine on others.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"muzician21" wrote in message

I've had some chronic issues with audio that I think I've traced to
the presence of Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus. Anyone have
or had issues with this?

Any security product can cause performance problems, depending on your
particular circumstance. If you want to single out any one product for
criticism, we have to make a case for it hurting performance to an
exceptional degree, given the circumstance.

If I were to criticize MSE, I would mention a situation that is active right
now where a client's machine is infected with two viruses that MSE can't
remove. But, neither can the competitive products that I've also tried.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Arny Krueger wrote:

If I were to criticize MSE, I would mention a situation that is
active right now where a client's machine is infected with two
viruses that MSE can't remove. But, neither can the competitive
products that I've also tried.

Superantispyware.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Peter Larsen wrote:

Arny Krueger wrote:

If I were to criticize MSE, I would mention a situation that is
active right now where a client's machine is infected with two
viruses that MSE can't remove. But, neither can the competitive
products that I've also tried.

Superantispyware.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Y'all sure that ain't just a Facebook cookie? g

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Nov 25, 8:56*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Any security product can cause performance problems, depending on your
particular circumstance. If you want to single out any one product for
criticism, we have to make a case for it hurting performance to an
exceptional degree, given the circumstance.

In this case, it's not something esoteric, the sound gets completely
borked. Loud static and repetitive noise when an audio file is
present. But I've discovered that the issues don't materialize with a
different sound card.

If I were to criticize MSE, I would mention a situation that is active right
now where a client's machine is infected with two viruses that MSE can't
remove. But, neither can the competitive products that I've also tried.

For grins, have you tried Malwarebytes? There's a free version that
seems to do a good job of finding things that others miss.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Audio Issues Jim Cate Audio Opinions 26 August 10th 10 06:12 PM
FS: Full set of Glass Audio & First 7 issues of Audio Express [email protected] Vacuum Tubes 0 February 12th 05 06:39 PM
slowing audio from security VCR kitchenman General 5 November 3rd 03 07:18 PM