Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jeff[_4_] Jeff[_4_] is offline

Default FS: Presonus Eureka with LT1357 opamp upgrades.

Here is my upgraded presonus Eureka Mic pre. I purchased this new at
Zzounds.com and paid $500 for it 3 months ago. I will give the order
email to the buyer to show how old it is. I then purchased the Lt1357
opamps and installed them. It is now unbelievable and sounds almost as
good as an Avalon. This unit has a wonderful compressor and it is very
similar to the FMR RNC compressor I used to have. Of course I have the
box and manual as well. Please check the reviews on the mic pre at
Harmony Central. If you want pro recordings, this baby will get you
there. Remember, go read the reviews.

I will take $340 for this unit and it has been upgraded and is only 3
months old and cost me $500. I am selling because I need to get an
extra powered speaker for my live show. I have been debating with
myself about selling it but decided I need the speaker more. I am a
premier, confirmed member of Paypal. Some lucky person is going to
save $150 dollars on a new unit by getting this one, and this one is
upgraded and almost new anyway. Again, you will get the original box,
double boxed like ZZounds did when I purchased it. You will get the
manual, original box and the email order confirmation to show when I
purchased it. You will get UPS ground shipping with 350 insurance
added and I will email the tracking number. Shipping will be 17
dollars even in the lower 48 states. Contact me for anywhere else.
That's to your door for $357. I paid $500 just around 3 months ago and
it is upgraded already. You cannot beat this deal.

Here is a description of the upgraded chip I put in, this is why I
chose this chip. These words are from Chad at Presonus talking about
the chip he uses, (same one I put in). "Another chip option is the
Linear Technologies 1357 (Digi-Key full part number: LT-1357CN8-ND).
This chip is possibly the most quiet one on the market, super noise
and distortion performance. . This is the piece I use myself, so I can
capture the cleanest, most accurate sound and then give it color later
if I choose to. If you want surgical accuracy, this is the way to go".
When I first posted this auction, I had called the chip wrong. I had
called it an LT134, but I didn't check back and make sure what it
actually was. It is the Linear Technologies 1357 chip.

Here are some words from Harvey Gerst, from the Rec Audio.pro news
group. I am a big fan of this news group and Harvey always has some
knowledgeable reviews. Here's what he said. "I really liked the
Eureka's preamp Impedance switch, and the EQ was really musical. The
compressor was a tiny bit limited (2.2:1 max ratio), but very useful
for a channel strip. The knobs were too close together, no ground
lift, and the power switch is on the back; those were my three major
gripes. For $500, it's a pretty damn nice piece of gear.
I did a review for audioMIDI, and even the guys at Presonus thought it
was a very fair, accurate, and honest review of the Eureka. As I said,
I'm buying one (at the full $500 price; no discounts for the review),
so that should tell you something."

And more about the 1357 chip this unit now has.
"The LT®1357 is a high speed, very high slew rate operational
amplifier with outstanding AC and DC performance. The LT1357 has much
lower supply current, lower input offset voltage, lower input bias
current, and higher DC gain than devices with comparable bandwidth.
The circuit topology is a voltage feedback amplifier with the slewing
characteristics of a current feedback amplifier. The amplifier is a
single gain stage with outstanding settling characteristics which
makes the circuit an ideal choice for data acquisition systems. The
output drives a 500 ohms load to ±12V with ±15V supplies and a 150
ohms load to ±2.5V on ±5V supplies. The amplifier is also stable with
any capacitive load which makes it useful in buffer or cable driver
applications. The LT1357 is a member of a family of fast, high
performance amplifiers using this unique topology and employing Linear
Technology Corporation?s advanced bipolar complementary processing."
Edit/Delete Message

If interested, email me at or feel free to call
me (Jeff) at 865-603-4059