Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,comp.dsp
slakka slakka is offline

Default Audio expert question please!

Dear Newsgroups,
I gotta one of a kind interview on mini dv. When played back it both
looks and sounds terrific!!
Problem occurs when editing interview onto dvd. Audio becomes very
muddy/unusable

I could really use any suggestions on how I may cure this please??

Thanks in advance!!

pittwindmill@see-below-no-spam
hotmail.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,comp.dsp
Rupert Rupert is offline

On Sep 27, 1:27*pm, slakka wrote:
Dear Newsgroups,
I gotta one of a kind interview on mini dv. When played back it both
looks and sounds terrific!!
Problem occurs when editing interview onto dvd. Audio becomes very
muddy/unusable

*I could really use any suggestions on how I may cure this please??

*Thanks in advance!!

pittwindmill@see-below-no-spam
hotmail.com

Although this is a live sound reinforcement forum, I'll take a stab at
it. Describe the audio connections. how are you getting the audio to
the DVD? What Mini DV player are you using? What is the DVD recorder?
what type of connectors are on each? Kind of hard to be helpful with
no details on your setup.

Rupert
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,comp.dsp
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

slakka wrote:
Dear Newsgroups,
I gotta one of a kind interview on mini dv. When played back it both
looks and sounds terrific!!
Problem occurs when editing interview onto dvd. Audio becomes very
muddy/unusable

I could really use any suggestions on how I may cure this please??

How are you getting the Mini DV into the editing workstation and what kind
of editing software are you using? What kind of monitoring are you using
on the workstation? What are you playing it back on that sounds terrific?

An why are you crossposting this to so many irrelevant groups?

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:

slakka wrote:
Dear Newsgroups,
I gotta one of a kind interview on mini dv. When played back it both
looks and sounds terrific!!
Problem occurs when editing interview onto dvd. Audio becomes very
muddy/unusable

I could really use any suggestions on how I may cure this please??

How are you getting the Mini DV into the editing workstation and what kind
of editing software are you using? What kind of monitoring are you using
on the workstation? What are you playing it back on that sounds terrific?

An why are you crossposting this to so many irrelevant groups?

Comp.dsp and rec.audio.opinion removed. Live sound retained only since they
are some smart guys there.

As Scott says, what interface connects yout mini-dv to the editing PC ? one
presumes.

It could be setup options in the editing software, you name it.

Have you done this before with no trouble and this is the first time you've
had a problem or are you a total newbie ?

Much more info is required.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,comp.dsp

"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...
slakka wrote:
I gotta one of a kind interview on mini dv. When played back it both
looks and sounds terrific!!
Problem occurs when editing interview onto dvd. Audio becomes very
muddy/unusable

I could really use any suggestions on how I may cure this please??

How are you getting the Mini DV into the editing workstation and what kind
of editing software are you using? What kind of monitoring are you using
on the workstation? What are you playing it back on that sounds terrific?

An why are you crossposting this to so many irrelevant groups?

He posted duplicate questions to at least one big cross- group
list. I responded in rec.video.production/rec.video/pro/r.a.m.p.s

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,comp.dsp
HardySpicer HardySpicer is offline

On Sep 28, 12:03 pm, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...

He posted duplicate questions to at least one big cross- group
list. I responded in rec.video.production/rec.video/pro/r.a.m.p.s

Ok, now he has posted to a professional engineering forum (comp.dsp)
maybe we can answer him properly.

Hardy
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,comp.dsp

"HardySpicer" wrote from Goooooooooogle Groups ...
Richard Crowley wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...
He posted duplicate questions to at least one big cross- group
list. I responded in rec.video.production/rec.video/pro/r.a.m.p.s

Ok, now he has posted to a professional engineering forum (comp.dsp)
maybe we can answer him properly.

If you guys can discern his tools, methods and workflow, on zero
details, I'll be impressed. Else, you're guessing along with the rest of us.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 21:44:13 -0700, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

"HardySpicer" wrote from Goooooooooogle Groups ...
Ok, now he has posted to a professional engineering forum (comp.dsp)
maybe we can answer him properly.

If you guys can discern his tools, methods and workflow, on zero
details, I'll be impressed. Else, you're guessing along with the rest of us.

Dear Newsgroups,

comp.dsp seems to be roughly as full of **** as any other newsgroup.
Might smell a little prettier, though.

But the Second Coming is still a-coming.

Much thanks, as always,
Chris Hornbeck
Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:

"HardySpicer" wrote from Goooooooooogle Groups ...
Richard Crowley wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...
He posted duplicate questions to at least one big cross- group
list. I responded in rec.video.production/rec.video/pro/r.a.m.p.s

Ok, now he has posted to a professional engineering forum (comp.dsp)
maybe we can answer him properly.

If you guys can discern his tools, methods and workflow, on zero
details, I'll be impressed. Else, you're guessing along with the rest of us.

For all we know he might be connecting the audio via 3.5mm jacks to his sound
card on some silly sample rate.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

HardySpicer wrote:

"Richard Crowley" wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...

He posted duplicate questions to at least one big cross- group
list. I responded in rec.video.production/rec.video/pro/r.a.m.p.s

Ok, now he has posted to a professional engineering forum (comp.dsp)
maybe we can answer him properly.

Joke surely. I hope ! ;~)

He also multi-posted to rec.audio.tech and and
sci.engr.television.broadcast !

Bloody googlers.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Sep 28, 2:33 am, Eeyore
wrote:

He also multi-posted to rec.audio.tech and and
sci.engr.television.broadcast !

Bloody googlers.

See? If you read only one newsgroup and were careful about where you
posted your reply, you wouldn't have that problem. I've gotta admit,
though, that it took me about 20 years to remember to glance at the
Newsgroups block in the reply window to make sure I wasn't posting a
reply to a newsgroup that I didn't read.

That tends to yield e-mails starting out with "I read your post in
comp.canabis.policy" when I've inadvertently replied to a message I
read in rec.audio.pro that was inappropriately (or maybe
appropriately) cross-posted.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mark Mark is offline

Dear Newsgroups,

comp.dsp seems to be roughly as full of **** as any other newsgroup.
Might smell a little prettier, though.

But the Second Coming is still a-coming.

Much thanks, as always,
Chris Hornbeck

If you are referring to the amount of spam, ok agreed..

If you are referring to the quality of the content of the posts, then
your opinion tells me that you don't know what you are talking about.

Mark

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Mark wrote:

Dear Newsgroups,

comp.dsp seems to be roughly as full of **** as any other newsgroup.
Might smell a little prettier, though.

But the Second Coming is still a-coming.

Much thanks, as always,
Chris Hornbeck

If you are referring to the amount of spam, ok agreed..

If you are referring to the quality of the content of the posts, then
your opinion tells me that you don't know what you are talking about.

comp.dsp is hardly relevant to practical aspects of non-linear video and
audio editing though.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
slakka slakka is offline

On Sep 28, 11:49*am, Eeyore
wrote:
Mark wrote:
Dear Newsgroups,

comp.dsp seems to be roughly as full of **** as any other newsgroup.
Might smell a little prettier, though.

But the Second Coming is still a-coming.

Much thanks, as always,
Chris Hornbeck

If you are referring to the amount of spam, ok agreed..

If you are referring to the quality of the content of the posts, then
your opinion tells me that you don't know what you are talking about.

comp.dsp is hardly relevant to practical aspects of non-linear video and
audio editing though.

Graham

Hello again everyone,
Sorry for all my crossposting. I'm gonna ck with my editor to better
respond and thank all of you!
Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.tech
slakka slakka is offline

On Sep 28, 2:33*am, Eeyore
wrote:
HardySpicer wrote:
"Richard Crowley" *wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" *wrote ...

He posted duplicate questions to at least one big cross- group
list. I responded in rec.video.production/rec.video/pro/r.a.m.p.s

Ok, now he has posted to a professional engineering forum (comp.dsp)
maybe we can answer him properly.

Joke surely. I hope ! * * * * * *;~)

He also multi-posted to rec.audio.tech and and
sci.engr.television.broadcast !

Bloody googlers.

Graham

Hello again everyone,
Sorry for all my crossposting. I'm gonna ck with my editor to better
respond and thank all of you!

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

slakka wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
HardySpicer wrote:
"Richard Crowley" wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...

He posted duplicate questions to at least one big cross- group
list. I responded in rec.video.production/rec.video/pro/r.a.m.p.s

Ok, now he has posted to a professional engineering forum (comp.dsp)
maybe we can answer him properly.

Joke surely. I hope ! ;~)

He also multi-posted to rec.audio.tech and and
sci.engr.television.broadcast !

Bloody googlers.

Hello again everyone,
Sorry for all my crossposting. I'm gonna ck with my editor to better
respond and thank all of you!

It's crossposting to *inappropriate groups* like comp.dsp and the broadcast
one that's the problem, alt.audio.live-sound was a marginal choice too.
Otherwise crossposting is fine.

It's MULTI-posting that gets on everyone's tits. Never multi-post a question
without damn good reason. It's a typical spammer tactic btw.

Graham