Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dewittian Dewittian is offline

Default finding a violin sample with no tremolo and with tremolo

I have knotakt 2 & 3, Garrliton Personal Orchestra and still can't
find a sample to use that has a non-tremelo and tremelo version of
it. If anyone knows of one please let me know. If I don't get any
help in here I'm going to half to modify one and since I don't have
much time or experience modifing samples that could be a real pain in
the ...$^(@^$*

Anybody got any ideas they could share.

I much appreciate the help and it may even save me from another
schedule moving headache.

Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Dewittian wrote:
I have knotakt 2 & 3, Garrliton Personal Orchestra and still can't
find a sample to use that has a non-tremelo and tremelo version of
it. If anyone knows of one please let me know. If I don't get any
help in here I'm going to half to modify one and since I don't have
much time or experience modifing samples that could be a real pain in
the ...$^(@^$*

You can't really modify a sample in this way. You might try the Vitous
symphonic library.

Anybody got any ideas they could share.

I much appreciate the help and it may even save me from another
schedule moving headache.

Have you considered using musicians? I could send over my wife with a
fiddle. She's not so great with charts but she can play anything if
she hears it once.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jos Geluk Jos Geluk is offline

Dewittian schreef:
I have knotakt 2 & 3, Garrliton Personal Orchestra and still can't
find a sample to use that has a non-tremelo and tremelo version of
it. If anyone knows of one please let me know. If I don't get any
help in here I'm going to half to modify one and since I don't have
much time or experience modifing samples that could be a real pain in
the ...$^(@^$*

Anybody got any ideas they could share.

I much appreciate the help and it may even save me from another
schedule moving headache.

If you really mean tremolo, use a foot pedal to control volume
(controller 7). Just an idea.

Jos.

--
Ardis Park Music
www.ardispark.nl
Posted to rec.audio.pro
David@liminal David@liminal is offline

On Sep 13, 2:07*pm, Dewittian wrote:
I have knotakt 2 & 3, Garrliton Personal Orchestra and still can't
find a sample to use that has a non-tremelo and tremelo version of
it. *If anyone knows of one please let me know. *If I don't get any
help in here I'm going to half to modify one and since I don't have
much time or experience modifing samples that could be a real pain in
the ...$^(@^$*

Anybody got any ideas they could share.

I much appreciate the help and it may even save me from another
schedule moving headache.

Thanks

The VSL orchestra has violin samples with and without tremolo. The
samples with it on are all played 'sol ponticello' . I too was
curious as to whether you meant vibrato though. With the more
expensive versions of the library, you can choose to use samples
without vibrato. With the basic 'special edition', the sustained
notes on the solo violin all have vibrato. With the sustained violin
ensemble patches, there isn't any. You would have to use something
like melodyne to attempt to remove vibrato from a performance with it
on and I doubt it would sound very natural if that kind of processing
was applied to more than the odd note here and there. DP