robobass

Default alternative to overpriced bookshelf speakers

I just made a great pair of bookshelf speakers for €50!!! I am not
trying to make any money, I just think that, in light of what I just
did, most home speakers are an incredible ripoff.

I recently moved from USA to DE. I had to leave behind much of my best
Hi-Fi stuff. I couldn't find any decent small speakers here for what I
thought was a reasonable price. I have built bookshelf speakers from
car audio once or twice before. So, I picked up these Blaupunkt 6.5"
car drivers (inc. separate tweeters) on Ebay (delivered for €29). I
found plywood storage boxes at Obi (German "Home Depot") for €6 ea.
plus another €10 maybe for misc. stuff.

Anyway, I made myself an incredible pair of bookshelf speakers for
less than what Sony spends on advertising to sell you one pair of
their stupid speakers.

I do not claim to be an audio Guru...rather, I am a high end sceptic.
Anyway, I have owned many speakers from respected brands (B&W, Bose
901, Schnell Audio, Wharfdale, AR, Sansui, Polk, Yamaha...) which I
mostly purchased second hand, or in closeouts. Also, I am a symphonic
musician, which, I admit, shouldn't give me automatic credibility as a
Hi-Fi critic, but should count for something.

Anyway, the reason I am writing is that I have always been on the
lookout for good small bookshelves. I have owned some good ones, but I
think I usually paid too much.

To see pictures of my speakers, go to Yahoo Mail. For username, type
in:
and type in "bushluv" for the password.

Don't know how long this system will last....
Robobass
Farrell8882

type in "bushluv" for the password

Not typing "bushluv" anywhere, anytime.
robobass

Don't worry. I'm not a fan either (of George, that is...). It was a joke.