Posted to rec.audio.high-end
RD50 RD50 is offline

Default Which Home Theater Receiver?

I am considering the Denon 4310($1,600 on sale), the Marantz 6004
($1,249) and NAD 747 ($1,299). If anyone can shed some light on any of
these receivers I would appreciate it. I have had some problems with
some older NAD pieces (although when they worked they sounded great).
Has NAD improved in reliability?

Thanks in Advance

RM

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"RD50" wrote in message

I am considering the Denon 4310($1,600 on sale), the
Marantz 6004 ($1,249) and NAD 747 ($1,299). If anyone can
shed some light on any of these receivers I would
appreciate it. I have had some problems with some older
NAD pieces (although when they worked they sounded
great). Has NAD improved in reliability?

Good reccomentations spring naturally from a good understanding of
requirements.

First, what are you looking for in a HT receiver?

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
RD50 RD50 is offline

On Dec 21, 9:20=A0am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"RD50" wrote in message

I am considering the Denon 4310($1,600 on sale), the
Marantz 6004 ($1,249) and NAD 747 ($1,299). If anyone can
shed some light on any of these receivers I would
appreciate it. I have had some problems with some older
NAD pieces (although when they worked they sounded
great). Has NAD improved in reliability?

Good reccomentations spring naturally from a good understanding of
requirements.

First, what are you looking for in a HT receiver?

I am more interested in music (sound quality) as it will be used 75%
for music. I will only be using 5 channels and my front speakers are
Paradigm Studio 100 V5.

Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Andrew Barss[_2_] Andrew Barss[_2_] is offline

RD50 wrote:
: I am considering the Denon 4310($1,600 on sale), the Marantz 6004
: ($1,249) and NAD 747 ($1,299). If anyone can shed some light on any of
: these receivers I would appreciate it. I have had some problems with
: some older NAD pieces (although when they worked they sounded great).

Any reason you're not considering an Onkyo? I think they're terrific, and
the reviews are generally excellent.

-- Andy Barss

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Mr. Finsky[_2_] Mr. Finsky[_2_] is offline

"RD50" wrote in message

I am considering the Denon 4310($1,600 on sale), the
Marantz 6004 ($1,249) and NAD 747 ($1,299). If anyone can
shed some light on any of these receivers I would
appreciate it. I have had some problems with some older
NAD pieces (although when they worked they sounded
great). Has NAD improved in reliability?

Good reccomentations spring naturally from a good understanding of
requirements.

First, what are you looking for in a HT receiver?

I am more interested in music (sound quality) as it will be used 75%
for music. I will only be using 5 channels and my front speakers are
Paradigm Studio 100 V5.

Thanks

You should be careful due to your speakers (I own the V4 version of
the Studio 100's). The big Paradigm speaker requires an amplifier
section that is better than the ordinary. You would need to make sure
that the amp can drive a difficult load. The 100's are much harder to
drive than smaller Paradigm's. A decent way to ensure that the
receiver can handle a hard load is if it increases or even doubles its
power into a 4 ohm load. Please remember to get the detail
specification on the amplifier section.

By the way, you should also consider Cambridge Audio receivers.
Cambridge and Marantz are available at Audio Adviser. The Cambridge
640R puts out at least 100 watts per channel and is on sale for about
$700.00.

Good luck!