brandt

Default dsp a1 maggie setup

Hello-
I currently have a yamaha dsp-a1 integrated amp and 2 magnepan mmgs as
my main speakers. Due to limited budget, i bought a cheap surround
(yamaha) setup. At first I was more interested in music, but have
since become a dvd addict. I really enjoy the surround sound. My
question is this: I 1st of all want to upgrade my sub to something
better than the little one that came with my surround setup(50w). It
just doesn't seem to be doing the job as well as it should. My next
step, when finances permit, will be to upgrade the surround speakers,
although i understand that size really isnt an issue there. I have
the maggies as my mains and the 4 surrounds and center and sub are
what came in the kit. Should i first focus on the sub? I am
considering the ARS108PS due to reviews at audioreview.com. And they
are only 100$, which is very attractive to me. My budget is extremely
limited. Any suggestions from this knowledgeable newsgroup would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks