Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Breezin

Default To Sell or Not to Sell: Nakamichi 1000 Tri-Tracer cassette deck

Advice, please.

Nak 1000 Tri-Tracer cassette deck brought back from Japan when I was living
there in the late '70's. In light-to-average home use, it has performed
flawlessly. It's a 100V model but I'm using an external step-down
transformer. Professionally serviced once to replace the belts and a
transistor. Suddenly stopped working; same transistor problem, I think. Case
is in excellent condition. The problem is that I'm moving. Torn between
keeping and fixing ... or selling. No idea of the market value. Worth
keeping? Thanks for any advice, opinions, guesses.

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Agent_C

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 05:54:02 GMT, "Breezin"
wrote:

Advice, please.

Nak 1000 Tri-Tracer cassette deck brought back from Japan when I was living
there in the late '70's. In light-to-average home use, it has performed
flawlessly. It's a 100V model but I'm using an external step-down
transformer. Professionally serviced once to replace the belts and a
transistor. Suddenly stopped working; same transistor problem, I think. Case
is in excellent condition. The problem is that I'm moving. Torn between
keeping and fixing ... or selling. No idea of the market value. Worth
keeping? Thanks for any advice, opinions, guesses.

What value does a working cassette deck of this quality have to you?
Is it more or less than it would cost to repair?

A_C