Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] gonixecycles@gmail.com is offline

Default Alesis Quadraverb 20K not working properly

Hello!

I just got a used Quadraverb, visually all works fine but works as if the bypass button was ON all the time, in other words there's no change to the sound at all.
I wonder if anyone out there may have had this problem or someone that's familiar with this unit and could help me out to get her working right again.

Thanks, Mario
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Hello!

I just got a used Quadraverb, visually all works fine but works as if the bypass button was ON all the time, in other words there's no change to the sound at all.
I wonder if anyone out there may have had this problem or someone that's familiar with this unit and could help me out to get her working right again.

This basically means the insides aren't working. Any of the digital stuff
or the converters could be bad.

Assuming that you did a factory reset, checked the power supply rail voltages
and checked for bad decoupling caps, the next step is to get out the schematic,
start at the beginning and work your way to the end with a scope. Anything on
the A/D input? Any signal on the output? Follow it through.