Carey Carlan

Default Music takes vision

Knowing what you want the end result to sound like is key to mixing and
editing a mix. Do what sounds good track by track without a vision of the
end product and your end product becomes that turd that many try to polish.

I'm "engineering" a mixdown for the "producer" of a Christian rock band at
my church. The words above are in quotes because they describe the tasks
but not the participants. Our visions differ. His wins. The music loses.
LeBaron & Alrich

Carey Carlan wrote:

Knowing what you want the end result to sound like is key to mixing and
editing a mix. Do what sounds good track by track without a vision of the
end product and your end product becomes that turd that many try to polish.

I'm "engineering" a mixdown for the "producer" of a Christian rock band at
my church. The words above are in quotes because they describe the tasks
but not the participants. Our visions differ. His wins. The music loses.

My sympathies, Carey; that kind of work is painful to endure and one
never feels the satisfaction derived from doing good work. Insist on a
stage name for the engineer. g

--
ha

Les Cargill

Carey Carlan wrote:

Knowing what you want the end result to sound like is key to mixing and
editing a mix. Do what sounds good track by track without a vision of the
end product and your end product becomes that turd that many try to polish.

I'm "engineering" a mixdown for the "producer" of a Christian rock band at
my church. The words above are in quotes because they describe the tasks
but not the participants. Our visions differ. His wins. The music loses.

May we call you Alan Smithee?

--
Les Cargill