Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Default NAT Media Matters explained

I selected a Media Matters article more-or-less at random to serve as a
model:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200903270041?f=h_latest

First, we see that this is actually from a MM blog, County Fair, so one
might expect less formality. However, the article begins with a
dissertation abstract-like summary. The body of the article paraphrases
a CNN reporter (wasn't Scott just complaining about them?) then brings
up counterexamples to disprove the reporter's contention. The second
paragraph claims other CNN figures made similar statements.

The third paragraph quotes the first counterexample (with link to the
original text) followed by a three-paragraph excerpt for fuller context.
The second example is also shown by a short quote then a substantial
excerpt (with link).

Examples of four iterations of the statements similar to the original
thesis are given (with links to earlier MM reporting).

MM continues by noting that politicians made statements similar to those
of the CNN reporter, offering transcripts of discussions and video clips
from five CNN programs.

The only "undertow" I see in this is the stultifying formality. MM seems
interested in documentation and reporting, using the public record to
make its case.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default SNOT for Scottie: How to master hypocrisy

It's stil March, Witless. The Magic Day isn't quite here yet.

careful reading of Paulsons comments clearly shows they don't.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Scottie said "careful reading"! LOLOLOL! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm dyin' here. "careful reading clearly shows" from Scottie
Witlessmongrel. WOO-HOO-HOO! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

--

"It is you who are completely unaware of what I perceive until
I choose to tell you. I rarely do."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Mar 28, 4:48*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
It's stil March, Witless. The Magic Day isn't quite here yet.

careful reading of Paulsons comments clearly shows they don't.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Scottie said "careful reading"! LOLOLOL! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm dyin' here. "careful reading clearly shows" from Scottie
Witlessmongrel. WOO-HOO-HOO! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I wonder what books he's "carefully read" recently? LOL!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
ScottW2 wrote:

On Mar 28, 11:37*am, MiNe 109 wrote:
I selected a Media Matters article more-or-less at random to serve as a
model:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200903270041?f=h_latest

First, we see that this is actually from a MM blog, County Fair, so one
might expect less formality. However, the article begins with a
dissertation abstract-like summary. The body of the article paraphrases
a CNN reporter (wasn't Scott just complaining about them?) then brings
up counterexamples to disprove the reporter's contention.

Except they don't and careful reading of Paulsons comments
clearly shows they don't.

Doesn't "nonbank financial institutions" equal "non-depository
institutions"?

One proposal is an amendment to existing bankruptcy laws
which, as far I know, is up to the company to invoke.
Blairs comments are closer to Geitners but both are so
nebulous as either to be considered a precedent or not
is IMO, quibbling over semantics.
Interesting that MM goes on and complains about Dobbs
comments which is about power rather than requests which
further blurs the comparison.
The issue unaddressed are the regulations the institutes
must abide by and the criteria for takeover.
FDIC has long established and very specific criteria
for it's members to follow. What Congress may do is
anybody's guess.

Is this really best example you can provide? Quibbling
over something being "unprecedented" or not?

No. I deliberately picked a more-or-less random article. You proved my
point, that whether agrees or disagrees with MM's interpretation, they
provide the necessary links and context for you to draw your own
conclusions.

Yawn.
Maybe CNN should ban the use of all adjectives.

It's a start.

Stephen