Tim Martin

Default Search for software

I am in search of audio editing software that can smoothly "overlay" a
sound file over another (MP3 preferably), in a batch process.

I want to create MP3 music files with a 10 second clip about 30
seconds in, dubbed over the music, which has faded to the background
and then fades back to full after the clip. I would also accept a
program that will "insert" another sound file and fade out and back
into the affected file, but that will loose the beat so I'd prefer to
find another.

The key is "batch process."

If anyone knows of an editor with -advanced- command line funtion that
could alow this to be done manually, and fully, from the command line
- that will be perfect (even better actually.)

Thanks!

LeBaron & Alrich

Tim Martin wrote:

I am in search of audio editing software that can smoothly "overlay" a
sound file over another (MP3 preferably), in a batch process.

I want to create MP3 music files with a 10 second clip about 30
seconds in, dubbed over the music, which has faded to the background
and then fades back to full after the clip. I would also accept a
program that will "insert" another sound file and fade out and back
into the affected file, but that will loose the beat so I'd prefer to
find another.

The key is "batch process."

If anyone knows of an editor with -advanced- command line funtion that
could alow this to be done manually, and fully, from the command line
- that will be perfect (even better actually.)

Thanks!

Barbabatch?

--
hank alrich * secret mountain
audio recording * music production * sound reinforcement
Ethan Winer

Tim,

audio editing software that can smoothly "overlay" a sound file over

another (MP3 preferably)

You'll get much better sound quality if you do the editing on Wave files
rather than MP3 files. I'm pretty sure that when you edit an MP3 it first
has to be converted to Wave format. So after your edits it must be converted
back to MP3, and the second conversion does much more damage than the first.

--Ethan