chelvam

Default Leaking Mission...the story continues

It takes 24 hours for a new set of Mission drivers to leak.

Received the replacement drivers yesterday. Played them for about 2 hours
yesterday and about two hours today and the right driver's cone shows some
traces of oil. the good news is they are clear and not brownish.

Any idea why is this happening to me. I have not pushed the volume - not
even to my normal listening level.(The normal level means I could still hear
my wife call me from downstairs with the music playing and the door shut..).
I am thinking of filing a complaint to my local consumer tribunal but
unfortunately the local agent and not Mission has to face the music. And I
can't believe I can't do anything about it.

I have received email from England, Australia, India, Poland and etc all
complaining of the similar problem. How could Mission be so incompetent?

Chelvam.

Uptown Audio

Karma? Seriously, sometimes things just don't work out from drawing
board to delivery truck. It is odd that a raw set of drivers could get
bounced and tumbled about on their way to you and then leak when
played for a few hours. That seems to prove the theory that the fluid
is either not proper for the application or the design is not
appropriate for the use of the fluid. On the bright side, it should
not hurt the performance of the product and the small spot will likely
be the smaller of other domestic mishaps that come their way in the
future (remember that Karma thing...) so I would not let it get in the
way of your enjoyment of their other attributes. Since it is not the
fault of your dealer, filing a complaint to a local bureau would not
be appropriate. If you can't overcome the wee spot of oil, maybe your
dealer would work a trade that would meet your satisfaction. I know
that I would if I were in that situation as the both of you are.

--
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
"chelvam" wrote in message
[...]

TChelvam

"Uptown Audio" wrote in message et...
[...]

Yes, I did not let that get in way when the first drivers leaked. In
fact, while waitng for the replacement, they were completely dried up.
But just imagine how would you feel when oil driped from the driver
upon removing them.

Anyhow, my dealer said he will get another replacement. Mission must
be so embarrassed that they hit the delete button whenever they see my
email. Otherwise, they should at least have the decency to apologize
for the situation. Furthermore the drivers were made in France.

Speaking of karma, yes, I am bit too prone to that.