SirReal

Default help...how to remove hiss from...

a cd....i have an old beatles disc of
the white album demos recorded at=20
george's home....

....good recordings except for the hiss...
is there any decent s'ware out there that=20
will allow the remove of all hiss without=20
disturbing the actual music??...allow me to
copy the hiss-less tunes to my h'drive and
then burn the cleaned music to a cd-r??....

....please help...thanks in advance...

SirReal

Peter Larsen

SirReal wrote:

a cd....i have an old beatles disc of
the white album demos recorded at
george's home....

...good recordings except for the hiss...
is there any decent s'ware out there that
will allow the remove of all hiss without
disturbing the actual music??...

Strictly speaking: no.

allow me to
copy the hiss-less tunes to my h'drive and
then burn the cleaned music to a cd-r??....

...please help...thanks in advance...

If it can do a good job of reducing the noise without doing too much
harm to the music, then it does that at a price.

There is declicking software out there at budget prices, I have one
example. I haven't used it since noticing how many vinyl errors it can
find in a live chamber music recording made on a DAT, which is to say
that I paid it, I tested it and I haven't used it since, but some day I
might.

The program is called Groovemechanic and is not hideously expensive. It
is possibly just what you want, no guarantee & not an endorsement, just
information to the effect that it exists.

SirReal