Rich Andrews

Default Distortion Analyzer recommendation

I am looking for a good DA in the under $500.00 range. I would rather not
use a PC as they are a little bulky to be toting around plus they aren't the
most reliable bit of equipment ever made.

The DA I was looking at was the Sound Technology 1700 and possibly the 1710.
So far the ST stuff I have is as reliable as the day is long.

I would like to measure distortion levels as low as possible as I want to do
some experimentation as well as equipment maintenance.

Thanks!

John Walton

Too bad you missed the Krohn-Hite 6900 on EBay yesterday -- it went for
$132. I have a 6900B and an HP339B and the readings match exactly. Of
course the HP has an oscillator which goes to 100kHz while the KH unit is
limited to 1kHz only. With the KH you don't have to twiddle the reference
level, the unit does this for you.

.44...