faisal

Default crackling corrupt aiffs please help

hi

I moved some aiffs from an external hard disk that had a damaged directory.
Most of them came out with a corrupt header. I repaired some of the files
with fix 16bit aiff but now they make a crackling sound when I play them so
I stopped until I can find another solution. Does any one know what happened
to my aiffs and how to fix them?

malcolm

"faisal" wrote in message
hi

I moved some aiffs from an external hard disk that had a damaged

directory.
Most of them came out with a corrupt header. I repaired some of the files
with fix 16bit aiff but now they make a crackling sound when I play them

so
I stopped until I can find another solution. Does any one know what

happened
to my aiffs and how to fix them?

did you use OFC cables ?

faisal

I use a Monster Cable Y splitter from my mac to a headphone amp I am not
sure it is OFC my headphone cable is . also the first thing I did was check
the connections since It sounded a little like a loose cable. and I only got
the crackling sound from the files that had corrupted headers.

thank you for your help,

faisal