Billw

Default High-end soundcard - is USB possible ?

Check out the M-Audio "Transit" ($99), or the ESI Waveterminal U24 ($250).
Both are USB, both work well in XP on a reasonably modern computer for both
record and play. Avoid the Extigy, its performance is so-so, and it
installs lots of trashware on your computer (also big and inconvenient)

"Fourcade" wrote in message
hello,

i want to turn my computer as a jukebox and i'm going to buy a
soundcard to replace my Guillemot Home Studio Pro. I have been to
Arny's site and seen good soundcards but there are no USB soundcards.
I think of the one by Digidesign, and a few other ones, but i've only
seen promo docs, i would like more independant opinions. I am seduced
by the idea of USB but still quality comes first. I will use it mainly
to listen to records ripped on the HD , secondly to record some LPs.
Once in a while i will record my daughter on piano or children
singing, through a Tascam board.

Thanks in advance
Jean

Jukka Andersson

I would double that avoid SB.
It should be pretty good now and has decent asio drivers
but still has something silly inside it. some channels has better
performance that others and stuff..

please take a read of newest Sound on Sound magazine theres fast review
about new SB.

I personally work with Emagic Emi 2/6 and its good even I dont like plastic
holding its made in. I actually had dream last night that I took it away
from that mac look plastic housing and putted it in to new aluminium case
little scary.

There is good usb devices from Tascam as well. Edirol and M-Audio has also
good devices. But what I really would like to use is M-Audios firewire based
card that has almost all I need from studio.
was it firewire 410 or similar.

..jukka
"Nospam" kirjoitti