Mike Diack

Default JBL L300 Summit (4333) Wooffer polarity ?

Sent my woofs out for refoaming and in workshop renovations, lost the
bit of paper I wrote the polarity on.
2 wires : green, green+black
2 terminals : black, red
Anyone know who goes where?
cheers
Mike
Fred Nachbaur

Mike Diack wrote:
Sent my woofs out for refoaming and in workshop renovations, lost the
bit of paper I wrote the polarity on.
2 wires : green, green+black
2 terminals : black, red
Anyone know who goes where?
cheers
Mike

One of the wires will connect to the black (or "not red" or "not +")
terminals of the midrange and tweeter. That will go to the black
terminal of the woofer. (Guess: this is *probably* the green/black
wire.) The wire that's left goes to the red terminal.

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects: http://dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Gregg

Take an "AAA" penlight cell and hook it across the speaker wires. If the
cone moves outward, the wire connected to the + on the battery is the +
for the speaker.

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
G. Louie

Careful, JBL components of that era were notorious for having a polarity
that moved the cone outwards for a positive voltage on the black terminal.
You can certainly check the new polarity with a 1.5 volt flashlight cell,
but the total, correct polarity of the crossover, horn and woofer may be
mysterious. You'll probably know if you got it right when you play them
and listen to music around the Xover frequency.

In article ,
Mike Diack wrote:
Sent my woofs out for refoaming and in workshop renovations, lost the
bit of paper I wrote the polarity on.
2 wires : green, green+black
2 terminals : black, red
Anyone know who goes where?
cheers
Mike

Hans

"Mike Diack" wrote
Sent my woofs out for refoaming and in workshop renovations, lost the
bit of paper I wrote the polarity on.
2 wires : green, green+black
2 terminals : black, red
Anyone know who goes where?

If the woofers are the original supplied with the speaker system, the green
should be connected to red terminal, and green/black to the black terminal.

/ Hans

Phil Allison

"G. Louie"

Careful, JBL components of that era were notorious for having a polarity
that moved the cone outwards for a positive voltage on the black terminal.

** They all still do - Chinese badge engineered models notwithstanding.