Sven Claasen

Default CoolEdit Pro 2.1 VBR163 encoded mp3 saved as 48 kbit mp3. Why?

After having cut(deleted) some minor parts of a given VBR163 encoded mp3 file
in CoolEdit Pro 2.1 I saved the resulting audio clip.

Later I had to detect that CEP saves this file as a poor 48 kbit mp3 file
although the origin was a much higher quality. Why ?

Is there an option to instruct CEP to use the same VBR/FBR encoding for saving as the
input source ?

Regards
Sven