Scott Dorsey

Default Audio compression

Category V UTP wrote:

I don't have to ask anybody you presumptuous jackass! I wasn't trying to
accomodate welfare case assholes like you that can't afford a decent machine
and a decent newsreader. Richard, do me a favour and GO **** YOURSELF!

Well, for one thing, the sites upstream of me dump all binary postings.
If you post binaries discussion groups, not only are you going to **** off
a lot of people, but you're also going to have your messages dropped by
a lot of sites so they won't be readable by a good portion of the net.

Posting binaries to discussion groups is about the most rude thing you
can do on Usenet. You might want to go to news.announce.newusers and
read the Emily Postnews article on netiquette.

Scott Dorsey

Category V UTP wrote:
You miss the point entirely Scott! I have no problem sending my posts in
plain text. The guy is a rude asshole and that is the reason I was ****ed
off.

I thought he was pretty polite, all things considered. You _did_ after all
post a binary. You should expect a few people to scream at you.

On 2003-10-14 said:
There's your first problem. Please post to any but the binaries
newsgroups in plaintext only.
Your mime encapsulated binary is unwelcome and takes up too much
bandwidth scrolling other useful articles off the server.
YOu're probably using Microsoft explorer and will have to ask
somebody who uses it how to configure your software to do this,
but if you're intending on becoming a regular user of usenet
please change your settings.

I don't have to ask anybody you presumptuous jackass! I wasn't
trying to accomodate welfare case assholes like you that can't
afford a decent machine and a decent newsreader. Richard, do me a
favour and GO **** YOURSELF!

eGO **** up a rope buddy! Except for the binary newsgroups usenet is
plaintext only you igorant piece of ****!!! I suppose you think that
because they drive on the left side of the road somewhere that you
should be permitted to in NOrh America as well. Usenet conventions
are older than the web dumbass and most considerate posters still
follow them here.
**** you and your compressed audio bull**** anywayh. Try the google
archives if you're so ****ing smart.

THis newsreader works just fine, and whether I'm a welfare case or not
you don't ****ing know do you asshole, but I know you're not smart
enough to follow the conventions of usenet. That tells me more about
you than you know about me. same to ya, go **** yourself.

Plunk

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
Category V UTP

Ojunk, How you would like your gay neck broken?

I love snivelling little cowards like you that talk big behind your
computer. If only I could get my hands around your little weasel neck!

LeBaron & Alrich

x-no archive: yes

wrote:

GO **** up a rope buddy!
you igorant piece of ****!!!
older than the web dumbass
follow them here.

Richard,

I swear, there's a country song in there somewhere.

--
ha
Vladan

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:55:37 GMT, "Category V UTP"
wrote:

You miss the point entirely Scott! I have no problem sending my posts in
plain text. The guy is a rude asshole and that is the reason I was ****ed
off.

He does not, you do. Point is: NO FILES on non-binary discussion
groups, regardless of format. NO FILES.
Vladan
www.geocities.com/vla_dan_l
www.mp3.com/lesly , www.mp3.com/shook , www.mp3.com/lesly2
www.kunsttick.com/artists/vuskovic/indexdat.htm

Ty Ford

In Article l45jb.102432$pl3.85445@pd7tw3no, "Category V UTP"
wrote:
Ojunk, How you would like your gay neck broken?

I love snivelling little cowards like you that talk big behind your
computer. If only I could get my hands around your little weasel neck!

Cat v,

Take a chill pill. You're not in the outback. This is a newsgroup. We like
to keep it civil. Even if others go over the top, it's not really an excuse.

Regards,

Ty Ford

**Until the worm goes away, I have put "not" in front of my email address.
Please remove it if you want to email me directly.
For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

On 2003-10-15 said:
Ojunk, How you would like your gay neck broken?
I love snivelling little cowards like you that talk big behind your
computer. If only I could get my hands around your little weasel
neck!

Bring it on **** for brains! COme on down to New ORleans chicken****.
DOn't happen to be gay either but you're too stupid to know what
you're talking about anyway.
FOlks, witness this fool's also a homophobe.

what started to be some advice to the possibly clueless has turned
into more stupidity on your end buddy. Bring it on, come on down to
NEw Orleans. IF you're smart enough you might even show up at my
front door and get a belly full of buckshot for your trouble. AS the
man said on the stupid game show "COme on down!!!"

My amateur radio call is nf5b and I'm active two or three different places
in the amateur radio community where if you're smart enough to look at
web sites etc. you just might be able to bring your **** for brains
self to my front door. Take your best shot!
OR you could actually get a clue. SOmehow I doubt that.

That's because you truly are a stupid son of a bitch.

Bring it on! IT will give me great pleasure should you actually
figure it out. I'd love to rip off your head and sh it down your
neck.

Decided not to do the killfile routine on this thread yet as of later
last night, but on second thought ...
"Plunk."

Richard Webb
Electric Spider Productions
REplace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email

--

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Vladan

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:22:51 GMT, "Category V UTP"
wrote:

GO **** YOURSELF AS WELL ASSHOLE

That sentence doesn't make sense, because If i'd want to **** my self,
(As well???!!! As I ****ed your mother?) I wouldn't have to go.
Vladan
www.geocities.com/vla_dan_l
www.mp3.com/lesly , www.mp3.com/shook , www.mp3.com/lesly2
www.kunsttick.com/artists/vuskovic/indexdat.htm
Category V UTP

Another retarded geek (by the name of "Vladan") has entered the newsgroups!

Monte P McGuire

In article C1ljb.105438$pl3.91385@pd7tw3no,
Category V UTP wrote:
Another retarded geek (by the name of "Vladan") has entered the newsgroups!

....don't feed the troll...

Monte McGuire

S O'Neill

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Category V UTP wrote:

You miss the point entirely Scott! I have no problem sending my posts in
plain text. The guy is a rude asshole and that is the reason I was ****ed
off.

I thought he was pretty polite, all things considered. You _did_ after all
post a binary. You should expect a few people to scream at you.
--scott

Here's his ISP's TOU section on Newsgroups. I hope he lasts long enough
to read this.

#

Newsgroups

Messages posted to newsgroups must comply with the written charters or
Frequently Asked Questions (“FAQ’s”) for those newsgroups.
Advertisements, solicitations, or other commercial messages should be
posted only in those newsgroups whose charters or FAQ’s explicitly
permit them. The customer is responsible for determining the policies of
a given newsgroup before posting to it.

Posting or cross-posting the same or substantially similar messages to
more than 9 newsgroups is prohibited. Our news software will
automatically cancel any messages posted to 9 or more newsgroups.

Binary files may not be posted to newsgroups not specifically named for
that purpose.

Forging, altering or removing header information is prohibited. This
includes attempting to circumvent the approval process for posting to a
moderated newsgroup.

Shaw reserves the right to discontinue access to any Usenet newsgroup at
any time and for any reason.

You may not flood or disrupt Usenet newsgroups. Disruption is defined as
posting a large number of messages to a newsgroup which contain no
substantive content, to the extent that normal discussion in the group
is significantly hindered. Examples of disruptive activities include,
but are not limited to: posting multiple messages with no text in the
body, posting many follow-ups to messages with no new text.

Messages may not be cancelled, except by the author or by official
newsgroup moderators performing their duties.

The Usenet news service included with a Shaw account is provided for
interactive use by the customer, using a commonly-available NNTP client
such as NETSCAPE COMMUNICATOR or OUTLOOK EXPRESS. Non-interactive
clients that download Usenet articles in bulk are prohibited.
#

Brian Takei

While this thread deteriorates, some tragically sad news has been
posted, which might make one take stock.

If we can't make something better, perhaps we can at least avoid making
it worse. Imagine...

- Brian
Andrew M.

I think Ojunk started off sounding condescending and now the whole thing
is so far out of whack that you are both wrong. Being condescending to
someone doesn't show anyone how cool you are, just how insecure you
are. And Blaine is just being rude for the sake of being rude. You are
both just having a ****ing contest now. And with that I will go FU#!
myself in advance.

On 2003-10-15
(LeBaron&Alrich) said:
x-no archive: yes
wrote:
GO **** up a rope buddy!
you ignorant piece of ****!!!
older than the web dumbass
follow them here.

Richard,
I swear, there's a country song in there somewhere.

REally. Check this guy out. I don't think I was that unkind to him,
trying to dispense a clue to one possibly without one. NOw he wishes
he could get his hands around my neck. LEt's see if he's smart enough
to figure out where to find me. IT's not going to be easy for him but
if he's as sharp as he thinks he is I've left him a couple of crumbs.

He's not smart enough to actually tell us how to decode the spamblock
in his address or I might've left him more crumbs through email, but
he'll have to work with what he's got.
HE won't find me on switchboard or 411 but if he's truly the sharp guy
he says he is it won't be any problem for him.

Alternatively, he could learn to be a real man and take my original
post in this stupid thread in the spirit in which it was sent and get
clued in. hmmm which way do you think this one will go folks?

Richard Webb
Electric Spider Productions
REplace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email

Ty Ford

In Article wZkjb.104106$6C4.4305@pd7tw1no, "Category V UTP"
wrote:
Mind your own ****ing business Ford!

You made it public, not me. This is not your newsgroup blaine, it's ours.
And, BTW, thanks for revealing to us so plainly the quality of your person.
Until and unless you decide to wise up, we'll be sure to not respond.

As it stands, you owe a number of people apologies. The best advice I can
offer you at the moment is to unscrew your dick, put it in your back pocket
and play nice. A word to the wise is sufficient.

Sincerely,

Ty Ford

**Until the worm goes away, I have put "not" in front of my email address.
Please remove it if you want to email me directly.
For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

LeBaron & Alrich

Andrew M. wrote:

I think Ojunk started off sounding condescending and now the whole thing
is so far out of whack that you are both wrong.

So you're contending there _isn't_ a country song in there? g

--
ha
S O'Neill

Sure there is: "There's a Troll in the House! Get (it) Out!"

No, the troll wasn't interested in the answer to his original question, so that
kind of proves his trollitude. And for some reason that wallpaper he had made
my mouse cursor freeze (on windoze only). All 0junk did was take the bait.

LeBaron & Alrich wrote:
Andrew M. wrote:

I think Ojunk started off sounding condescending and now the whole thing
is so far out of whack that you are both wrong.

So you're contending there _isn't_ a country song in there? g

--
ha

Arny Krueger

"Category V UTP" wrote in message

GO ****YOURSELF AS WELL ASSHOLE!

Cat5, you seem to be a good candidate for rec.audio.opinion. Ever posted
there?

Category V UTP

You have a point Andrew, but you have to look at who started the whole
thing. I do not deserve to be "hung" for a simple newbie transgression in
protocol. A simple post letting me know that simple text was the status quo
was all that was required. Rudeness begets rudeness.

Blaine Bray

"Andrew M." wrote in message
I think Ojunk started off sounding condescending and now the whole thing
is so far out of whack that you are both wrong. Being condescending to
someone doesn't show anyone how cool you are, just how insecure you
are. And Blaine is just being rude for the sake of being rude. You are
both just having a ****ing contest now. And with that I will go FU#!
myself in advance.

Category V UTP

"SO O'Neill" wrote in message
Sure there is: "There's a Troll in the House! Get (it) Out!"

No, the troll wasn't interested in the answer to his original question,

You are one of the trolls moron! I think you need to look up the definition
of a troll, you might see your picture there. I made an ON TOPIC request for
information. You and the other trolling idiots responded OFF TOPIC with
rudeness and harassment.

Blaine Bray = LEGITIMATE POSTER
asking for information relevant to the newsgroup he was in

S O'Neill & the other juvenile delinquents = TROLLS that posted OFF TOPIC
with the intent of harassing and starting flame wars.

S O'Neill

Category V UTP wrote:

I made an ON TOPIC request for information. You and the other
trolling idiots responded OFF TOPIC with rudeness and harassment.

Uh huh. I actually ANSWERED your question, days ago. I even gave you a
link.

Now please go find it and come back and thank me.

Category V UTP

AMAZING THAT WITH ALL THOSE COMPLAINTS, I HAVE NOT YET HEARD FROM SHAW.

COMPLAIN AGAIN ****HEAD.....DO IT NOW!!

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A WAV AUDIO FILE, AND A REAL AUDIO FILE?

Category V UTP

AMAZING THAT WITH ALL THOSE COMPLAINTS, I HAVE NOT YET HEARD FROM SHAW.

COMPLAIN AGAIN ****HEAD.....DO IT NOW!!

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A WAV AUDIO FILE, AND A REAL AUDIO FILE?

Category V UTP

O'Neill, I will thank you when you do me one last favour......

GO **** YOUR WHORE MOTHER!

I want to know how much sound quality you lose from the average compression?

Category V UTP

O'Neill, I will thank you when you do me one last favour......

GO **** YOUR WHORE MOTHER!

I want to know how much sound quality you lose from the average compression?

Andrew M.

REAL audio is data compressed audio and the file size is a lot
smaller(like 10% or less) than the original file. REAL is mainly used
for streaming internet audio.