Sudhesh Nayak

Default Audio CD with File names

Hi,
Is it possible to create an audio CD (that'll play in a car cd
player) but will also retain the wav file names that I can view in
File explorer?

I looked up info on CD Text, I'm not sure my writer supports it or
if that is the right solution for me...

Thanks
Sudhesh
Jesper Buch

"Sudhesh Nayak" skrev i en meddelelse
om...
Hi,
Is it possible to create an audio CD (that'll play in a car cd
player) but will also retain the wav file names that I can view in
File explorer?

I looked up info on CD Text, I'm not sure my writer supports it or
if that is the right solution for me...

No writers support wavefilenames. it's not part of the Audio CD format.

Thanks
Sudhesh

Martin Harrington

Surely a "mixed mode" CD will do this.
--
Martin Harrington
www.lendanear-sound.com
"Jesper Buch" wrote in message
k...
"Sudhesh Nayak" skrev i en meddelelse
om...
Hi,
Is it possible to create an audio CD (that'll play in a car cd
player) but will also retain the wav file names that I can view in
File explorer?

I looked up info on CD Text, I'm not sure my writer supports it or
if that is the right solution for me...

No writers support wavefilenames. it's not part of the Audio CD format.

Thanks
Sudhesh

Trevor

"Jesper Buch" wrote in message
k...
"Sudhesh Nayak" skrev i en meddelelse
om...
Hi,
Is it possible to create an audio CD (that'll play in a car cd
player) but will also retain the wav file names that I can view in
File explorer?

I looked up info on CD Text, I'm not sure my writer supports it or
if that is the right solution for me...

No writers support wavefilenames. it's not part of the Audio CD format.

You can include the file name as the track name in CD-TEXT. Most recent
CDR/W's support CD-TEXT, whether your software does is another matter. Nero
does

Trevor.

AUDIO FILE EDIT: HELP PLS! DL General 2 February 21st 04 11:05 PM
I want to make a downloadable file from an audio CD Shadowman General 12 January 21st 04 09:59 PM
Audio file format query PT General 0 December 28th 03 07:36 AM
unknown audio file format M.Laymon General 1 October 31st 03 03:25 PM
science vs. pseudo-science ludovic mirabel High End Audio 91 October 3rd 03 09:56 PM