RussellC301

Default Mackie 1202 Question

I currently have a Behringer MX802A mixer in which I am using in conjunction
with my ADAT. I am in need of a better mixer which has 8 channels (or 4 mono
and 4 stereo channels) as opposed to the Behringer's 4 mono and 2 stereo.
Because I have a limited budget I was thinking about trying to get a used
original Mackie 1202 and not the vlz. I wanted to know if the original version
still has pretty good preamps or at least better than Behringer. I plan to use
the Mackie for preamps when recording and the Behringer for monitoring during
recording. For my final mixdown I would use the Mackie for the mix.
My other question is about the quality of Mackie mixers for mixdown. I read
that they have bad EQ's and that it is only two band. I am guessing that my
Behringer which has three bands of EQ would be better for mixing. Is one of
the only factors that seperates Mackie and Behringer mixers preamp quality or
is the entire mixer as a whole better than Behringer mixers? I would like to
thank everyone in advance who could offer me any advice.
Ron Charles

I agree with the previous reply.
Try and find a 1202 VLZ or VLZ pro if you want better pre-amps and less
noise.
In terms of weather it would be better than an 802a, the answer is yes, by
far!!!!
Ron Charles