Northamusi

Default Digi 001 Sync

Does anyone konw if the Digi 001 can sync to smpte or MTC? Is this
software-dependent?
thanks, peace
Steve
Ron Charles

As far as I know, although I could be mistaken, both Digi 001 and Digi 002
cannot sync to SMPTE or MTC (or if it can, it is not too easy to do). If you
do find a reasonable way to do so, please let me know as I really hate
syncing with these small video clips which can drift.
I suspect this was done to avoid professional users from buying the less
expensive Digi gear and force them into spending big bucks on a larger and
more complex ProTools system.
RON CHARLES
"Northamusi" wrote in message
Does anyone konw if the Digi 001 can sync to smpte or MTC? Is this
software-dependent?
thanks, peace
Steve

Digidog27

As far as I know, although I could be mistaken, both Digi 001 and Digi 002
cannot sync to SMPTE or MTC (or if it can, it is not too easy to do). If you
do find a reasonable way to do so, please let me know as I really hate
syncing with these small video clips which can drift.
I suspect this was done to avoid professional users from buying the less
expensive Digi gear and force them into spending big bucks on a larger and
more complex ProTools system.
RON CHARLES BRBR
apparently Digi now offers a $995 "timecode" software option for Protools LE
users. I think it is supposed to ship alongside Protools 6.1, which should ship
soon. or it may be out by now.
Wayne

apparently Digi now offers a $995 "timecode" software option for Protools
LEusers. I think it is supposed to ship alongside Protools 6.1, which should
shipsoon. or it may be out by now.

Isn't that special!!!

Rip, rip
Lorin David Schultz

apparently Digi now offers a $995 "timecode" software option for
Protools LEusers. I think it is supposed to ship alongside Protools
6.1, which should shipsoon. or it may be out by now.

There's a lot of "apparently..." and "I think..." in this thread. Has
anyone actually gone to Digi's web site and looked? g

It's actually pretty cool.

"Wayne" wrote:

Isn't that special!!!

Rip, rip

Yes, Wayne, in some ways it actually is very "special" and not at all
what I'd describe as a "rip." You might not either, if you took a look
at what's included.

First you get an upgraded version of the 6.1 software that includes a
SMPTE timeline.

Second you get the VocAlign plug-in that's designed for ADR dialog
looping and is also really cool for drum replacement.

Third you get the DINR noise reduction plug-in that sells for $1000 all
by itself.

Fourth you get DigiTranslator 2.0, which costs $500 by itself, which
lets you directly import Avid sessions.

You actually get a lotta kit for pretty short coin. This counts as Digi
getting one right for me.

Lorin