Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

Default Speakers

On Jul 31, 1:16�pm, hophead wrote:
In article ,
says...

It sounds disgusting.

It does - I refused to get one the last time I was in Portland. But a
friend I was with got one and raved about it the whole trip. He
literally though it was one of the best things he'd ever tasted.

I'll probably cave and get one the next time I'm in town.

They have maple-flavored breakfast sausages, bacon and ham...it's not
as weird as most people think. My kids are pretty finicky, but they
think it's fantastic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Jul 31, 1:48�pm, hophead wrote:
In article df72d943-237f-42f6-9e9d-e938395e8db8
@y28g2000prd.googlegroups.com, says...

They have maple-flavored breakfast sausages, bacon and ham...it's not
as weird as most people think. My kids are pretty finicky, but they
think it's fantastic.

Good point -- maple and bacon are pretty complimentary flavors and I can
see this working. I admit I'm not much of a doughnut fan though: I once
walked into a Krispy Kreme and left wondering how anyone could eat that
crap, much less rave about it. Yuck!

I've never thought much of Krispy Kreme...it's all air and sugar to
me. Voodoo makes real doughnuts, albeit real weird ones.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
vinyl anachronist wrote:

On Jul 31, 11:37?am, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,
?vinyl anachronist wrote:

On Jul 31, 8:47?am, hophead wrote:
In article 7fd7eb80-bc01-487d-8d60-a5f7fa35a520
@t11g2000prh.googlegroups.com, says...

Thanks! I'll need a good record store. Music Millenium really spoiled
me.

Now...what do you have that will replace Voodoo Doughnuts?

Dude - you're NOT going to find a replacement for Voodoo Doughnuts.
Those guys are crazy!

Bummer. I'll have to grab a T-shirt from them as well.

"The Magic Is in the Hole!"

Okay, I took a look at the menu. Hip doughnuts, yes? Google suggests
Austin is currently out-hipped by Wichita in this food category. I guess
the vegan doughnuts at Whole Foods aren't in the running!

Portland is pretty over the top in the hip department. I could do
without the scent of patchouli oil everywhere I go.

Check out the Gourds' 'Tex-Mex Mile' sometime!

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,

?vinyl anachronist wrote:

[...]

In the two year since I've been to Portland, downtown seems to have
gotten a lot more "trendy". Two years ago, I saw the big difference in
the trendy shop area in the NW compared to when I moved from there in
'97. But this time, I went to Powell's from Lewis and Clark College
late in the evening, and on the way drove by the Pioneer Square area and
there were tons of young folks hanging, etc. Perhaps there was a
special event; it looked like there was a dance or something happening.
SE and NE looked about the same. I didn't get to Hawthorne or Sellwood
this time, darn it.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Jul 31, 4:30�pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
�MiNe 109 � wrote:

In article
,

?vinyl anachronist wrote:

[...]

I've been sticking to my side of the river lately, which means bland,
boring suburbia. I'm working on a new computer project, the same one
that's leading me to Austin, and I've been a hermit for weeks. I've
ventured out into Portland with my family a few times this summer, but
not nearly as much as I did this winter when I was covering shows
nearly every week. I have no idea what's happening in Stumptown
lately.