Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Where's Scottie?

CNN reports that the U.S. military has begun targeting poppy fields in
Afghanistan in order to interrupt the supply of heroin.

The military dropped a series of 1,000-pound bombs from planes on
the mounds of poppy seeds and then followed with strikes from
helicopters.

Tony Wayne, with the U.S. State Department, said the strikes on
poppy seeds, that can be used to make opium and heroin, is part
of a strategy shift for the military to stop the Taliban and other
insurgents from profiting from drugs.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/07/21/afghanistan.poppy.strike/index.html

The last time this subject came up, you claimed that the Taliban's finances
were not connected to trafficking in heroin or other drugs. Why are our
military leaders taking actions that run counter to your 'wisdom'?

--
" I think you consistently show yourself incapable of substantive fact
based debate. You want to take this intellectually infantile approach
-- Scottie Witlessmongrel, RAO, June 14, 2009

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

Why are our military leaders taking actions that run counter
to your 'wisdom'?

And the Senate voted down the F-22.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

Why are our military leaders taking actions that run counter
to your 'wisdom'?

And the Senate voted down the F-22.

Scottie knows that Obama is really Satan, which means that the F-22 is God's
Fighter Plane. That explains why it's so expensive and so unreliable.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jul 21, 9:26*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
MiNe 109 said:

Why are our military leaders taking actions that run counter
to your 'wisdom'?

And the Senate voted down the F-22.

Scottie knows that Obama is really Satan, which means that the F-22 is God's
Fighter Plane. That explains why it's so expensive and so unreliable.

Perhaps the Senate didn't fully realize the danger of leaving Taiwan
open to attack from China and covered only by currently-available
aircraft and then (eventually) the F-35.

We may as well kiss Taiwan goodbye.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Where's Scottie? (Corrected)

On Jul 21, 7:29*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:

Why are our military leaders [i.e. always] taking actions that run counter to your 'wisdom'?

I don't mean to be a stickler but accuracy is important, especially in
military matters.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Jul 21, 10:26*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:

Scottie knows that Obama is really Satan, which means that the F-22 is God's
Fighter Plane. That explains why it's so expensive and so unreliable.

"At least" God is not my copilot.