Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Sarah Palin Isn’t Our Savior

((Myself, i thought she was a ditzy goof from Minute One. But a lot of
basically right thinking people think she has some virtue as a
politician. They are misguided. Bret.))

Sarah Palin Isn’t Our Savior

Richard Hoste

" Like most conservatives, I wanted to like Sarah Palin when she came on to the national scene. Here was an attractive, conservative white woman with five kids. And the deranged hatred that liberals have of her has its roots in the same things that draw conservatives to her. She certainly wasn’t one of the degenerate elite. So I say the following with a heavy heart: Sarah Palin belongs nowhere near national politics.

I can understand a woman with five kids not having read up on foreign
policy. But that doesn’t excuse the fact that when Palin was asked
what newspapers she read, she replied “all of them.” Even if she had
never picked one up in her life, a person with an average IQ would’ve
known to reply “The Wall Street Journal” or “The New York Times” and
been done with it.

I understand that all politicians say stupid things and the media
decides which gaffes we hear about. Can you imagine if George Bush
said that he’d been to 57 states? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=EpGH02DtIws)

But Palin’s deficiencies go beyond the occasional gap in knowledge or
slip of the tongue. She lacks the ability to sufficiently answer the
most basic throw away questions. Take as an example her interview
with Andrea Mitchell. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY1y_JJ_V2c )
Why did she resign? A smart person, even if the resignation really
was a ploy to run for president, would’ve come up with something
credible sounding. Palin keeps repeating that she isn’t going to run
for reelection. Since when does that have anything to do with
somebody completing her term? Could Bush have resigned in say, June
2008 because he wasn’t running again? And then would it have made
sense for Dick Cheney to resign because he wasn’t going to try for
another term? According to Palin, completing her term would’ve been
“playing the political game.” Her wanting to step aside to avoid
spending millions defending herself against frivolous ethics
complaints makes a little more sense, but she relies much more heavily
on the obviously absurd “lame duck” argument.

She then gets upset when Mitchell asks her a follow up question at
around three minutes into the video and blurts out “You’re not
listenin’ to me!” Could you imagine a Mitt Romney, or any politician
not named “Sarah Palin,” responding to a question like that? It shows
the irrational anger of those insecure about their intelligence.
Practically all her media appearances have been similarly awkward.

Sarah Palin is not only unqualified to be on a national ticket, but
she actually harms the conservative cause. Her existence as a
national candidate seems to verify liberals’ claim that conservatives
are dumb. What message does the educated public receive from seeing
the politician most beloved by the right being the one least capable
of coherently expressing herself?

Understanding this point about being weary of supporting faux
conservatives just because liberals hate them and they speak with
Middle America accents is especially important after the George Bush
era. We truly had gotten the worst of all worlds. He motivated
liberals and inspired loyalty among mainstream conservatives while
being to the left of Ted Kennedy on immigration and of Woodrow Wilson
on foreign policy. Perhaps it would be worth firing up our enemies in
order to get a true conservative in office. Unfortunately, Palin,
like Bush, has never given any indication that she would do anything
but walk the neo-con line. If you need any more convincing of that,
know that The Weekly Standard still loves her. (http://
weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/016/708gpxia.asp?
pg=1) And there’s a political price to pay for having idiots seen as
the representatives of right wing white interests. Pat Buchanan and
Ron Paul can make an anti-establishment conservative proud; Sarah
Palin, like say Sean Hannity, should make him cringe.

As I said before, I once thought Sarah Palin was somebody we should
support. But being fecund and detested by the liberal elite does not
a presidential candidate make. Sarah Palin’s contribution to the
country’s future is producing four healthy white children of good
genetic stock. Anybody expecting more is deluded."

http://www.toqonline.com/2009/07/sar...nt-our-savior/

Sarah Palin - hot or not? John Larkin Tech 7 September 8th 08 12:16 AM
Sarah Palin - hot or not? Dr RaTsTaR Tech 0 September 5th 08 07:51 AM
Sarah Palin - hot or not? Skybuck Flying Tech 3 September 5th 08 06:03 AM
Sarah Palin - hot or not? JP Tech 1 September 4th 08 04:36 PM
Sarah Palin - hot or not? Skybuck Flying Tech 0 September 4th 08 05:12 AM