Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] inkexit@yahoo.com is offline

Default Quality hard drive or solid state field recorder

Hey everybody! Been a while since I posted last. What's everybody
working on? Is Scott Dorsey still around?

Anyway, I'm looking for a good quality hard drive or solid state stereo
field recorder. The most important thing I'm after is the quality of
the preamps. I need something to take around with me and record live
music, mostly classical music, with. I will be using Octava small
condensers. The Sony listed below comes with it's own microhones built
in. Has anybody used this yet? If there are any other better
suggestions than what I have listed, please let me know. Wish I could
get something with Neve preamps, but the seems unlikely. Is nagra
making a non tape based digital recorder yet? That latest I can find
is the nagra V, but that still has a lot of space devoted to reels of
tape on it. Thanks all in advance.

Marantz PMD660 Professional Solid State Recorder
Marantz PMD670 Professional Solid-State Recorder
Sony PCMD1 Portable Audio Recorder
Tascam HDP2 Hi-Res Portable Stereo Recorder
Fostex FR2 Compact Field Memory Hard Disk Recorder

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] inkexit@yahoo.com is offline

Sorry all for the multiple posts. Everytime I tried to post I got a
server error back from Google, so I assumed it wasn't posted
successfully and tried to re-post. Apologies. Thanks for all the
advice.