randy pavatte

Default Stereo says "No Disc" from CD changer

Hello all.
Today I went for a drive, and started out listening to radio. Later I
chose to hear CD, and pushed the button for that on the stereo.
It began loading as normal, but instead of playing it then went to the
next disc, and so on...
By the end, it flashed "no disc" on my display, and switched off.
By the time I got home, after trying it again several times, removing
and re-inserting the cartridge, and checking my cds, it would flash "no
disc" right away. I also tried pushing the "reset" button on the stereo.
The unit is a Sony component changer, operated by my deck. I've had it
about a year, and up to now no problems.
It's the second changer I've had, replacing an older one that had a
similar problem.
Is there anything I can do myself to check it (I have no installation
experience), or will I just need to bite the bullet and get it serviced?
Thanks for any advice.

Randy

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us
from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?
http://community.webtv.net/DeepGroov...ysHomeontheWeb