Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick Ruskin Rick Ruskin is offline

Default Alesis HD24/BRC Glitch or normal operation?

BRC and HD24 see and communicate with each other but unless I
pre record something _before_ turning the BRC on, no transport
controls on either device work. Neither manual says anything about
this. Anyone else have this experience?

Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music - Seattle WA
http://liondogmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/rickruskin
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Rick Ruskin" wrote ...
BRC and HD24 see and communicate with each other but unless I
pre record something _before_ turning the BRC on, no transport
controls on either device work. Neither manual says anything about
this. Anyone else have this experience?

The impression I got from the Yahoo HD24 forum was that the BRC
and the HD24 aren't very compatible. There are likely several good
discussions available for review in their archives.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:

The impression I got from the Yahoo HD24 forum was that the BRC
and the HD24 aren't very compatible.

This is true. Alesis never made the full remote for the HD24, though I
wouldn't have expected it to (not) behave as Rick described. Maybe it
has to do with kick starting the time code. Remember that the original
Alesis ADAT required that the tape be formatted before using it. The way
that the HD24 uses the disk isn't with a full random access file system,
it emulates a tape (or rather three of them).

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick Ruskin Rick Ruskin is offline

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 12:00:50 GMT, Mike Rivers
wrote:

Richard Crowley wrote:

The impression I got from the Yahoo HD24 forum was that the BRC
and the HD24 aren't very compatible.

This is true. Alesis never made the full remote for the HD24, though I
wouldn't have expected it to (not) behave as Rick described. Maybe it
has to do with kick starting the time code. Remember that the original
Alesis ADAT required that the tape be formatted before using it. The way
that the HD24 uses the disk isn't with a full random access file system,
it emulates a tape (or rather three of them).

Research has shown that what I originally posted about is normal
behavior for this combination. I can live with it.

Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music - Seattle WA
http://liondogmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/rickruskin

Alesis HD24 Question News Server Pro Audio 2 February 9th 07 06:02 AM
Syncing Alesis HD24 [email protected] Pro Audio 11 December 12th 05 05:27 PM
Alesis HD24 JM Pro Audio 5 October 5th 05 02:56 PM
RME 9652 AND ALESIS HD24 John Pro Audio 1 October 20th 03 03:22 AM
Alesis HD24 LeBaron & Alrich Pro Audio 10 October 16th 03 10:33 AM