newsound

Default HD24 - Duplicate tracks when transferring to MAC via FST Connect

Anybody had problems when transferring tracks from HD24 to MAC using
Alesis FST Connect?

Specifically, if I don't transfer ALL 24 tracks at once, I get
duplicate tracks.

I was transferring 4 tracks at a time . . . each time I selected the
next 4 tracks - first time, tracks 1 thru 4 . . . next time, tracks 5
thru 8, etc.

When I listened to them in Pro Tools, I got the first 4 tracks over and
over, even though the tracks were named 1 thru 24. However, when I
transferred ALL 24 tracks at once, it worked fine.

You're probably saying, "Well . . . just transfer ALL 24 tracks at once
then and no problem." This is true, but I wanted whoever to know that
there may be a bug in the Alesis FST Connect software.
Any thoughts or experience on this?

Hal Laurent

"newsound" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anybody had problems when transferring tracks from HD24 to MAC using
Alesis FST Connect?

Specifically, if I don't transfer ALL 24 tracks at once, I get
duplicate tracks.

I was transferring 4 tracks at a time . . . each time I selected the
next 4 tracks - first time, tracks 1 thru 4 . . . next time, tracks 5
thru 8, etc.

When I listened to them in Pro Tools, I got the first 4 tracks over and
over, even though the tracks were named 1 thru 24. However, when I
transferred ALL 24 tracks at once, it worked fine.

I've never experienced that (it would never occur to me to transfer the
tracks a few at a time...I can't imagine why you wanted to), but a good
place to ask would be the HD24 group at http://groups.yahoo.com .

Hal Laurent
Baltimore

Mike T.

On 16 Jan 2005 12:52:37 -0800, "newsound"
wrote:

Anybody had problems when transferring tracks from HD24 to MAC using
Alesis FST Connect?

Specifically, if I don't transfer ALL 24 tracks at once, I get
duplicate tracks.

I was transferring 4 tracks at a time . . . each time I selected the
next 4 tracks - first time, tracks 1 thru 4 . . . next time, tracks 5
thru 8, etc.

When I listened to them in Pro Tools, I got the first 4 tracks over and
over, even though the tracks were named 1 thru 24. However, when I
transferred ALL 24 tracks at once, it worked fine.

You're probably saying, "Well . . . just transfer ALL 24 tracks at once
then and no problem." This is true, but I wanted whoever to know that
there may be a bug in the Alesis FST Connect software.
Any thoughts or experience on this?

I can tell you that it doesn't happen with FST Connect on Win2K. I
transferred 24 tracks, in two groups of 12. No error.

Why did I transfer in two groups of 12? Because FST erroneously told
me that I didn't have enough space on the drive to transfer 24 tracks
in one group. That's the only bug I have noticed in the Windows
version.

Mike T.