Posted to rec.audio.pro
OL OL is offline

Default Simple Audio from USB Mike

I purchased a Samson CO1U microphone for making audio recordings and
along with it I received the Sonar LE program.

It's a real monster for someone unfamiliar with the thing.

I only want to plug in the mike, make a simple voice recording for
narration to be saved as an .mp3.

Can anyone show me or direct me to the steps for this? I think I have
the mic defined in the preferences but am lost from there.

Thanks,

OL
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Nov 19, 9:32 pm, OL wrote:

I only want to plug in the mike, make a simple voice recording for
narrration to be saved as an .mp3.

Can anyone show me or direct me to the steps for this?

Sure. Come on over. But read the manual (it's probably a PDF file on
the disk) that came with your version of Sonar first. Then, when you
REALLY know what you don't know, perhaps we can help you out. But put
in a little study time yourself, or find someone local to walk you
through it. A forum is not the place to give step-by-step instructions
fo a basic process. It's as simple as opening a track and pressing the
Record button, but the exact steps to do that are unique to whatever
program you're using.

You might find a basic audio-only recording program a little easier to
grasp. Audacity is a good one, but like any free open source program,
the user documentation is pretty skimpy.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/