Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gary Vee Gary Vee is offline

Default Polarity/Ground Questions

I live in an older home with non-grounded electrical on the 2nd floor. The house had been remodeled and they installed GFI receptacles throughout. I would expect these to provide the necessary protection if needed. My question is related to audio equipment with grounded AC connections. Does a free-floating ground effect the proper operation of interconnects between balanced equipment?

Also all the outlets are connected to one phase. I read some years ago that it's recommended to divide up power usage between the line phases.

It would really be difficult to install new wiring so I'm wondering if it would be worth the trouble to upgrade the wiring.