Manoj

Default ESL crossover

Hi,
I have just finished building my first esl pair which sound nice but
as many of you know hasn't got good bass output. So I was thinking of
making it a hybrid system utilising a magnetic driver for producing
the bass. My problem now is the vast difference between the output of
bass driver and esl when fed with the same output signal from amp(big
diff in sensitivity). So I want to equalise that as well. I have heard
a few things about active crossover and bi-amping but would prefer to
do a passive solution at the moment.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Manoj

Uptown Audio

This has been beaten to death on another thread. Despite all good
advice, some people still want to do passive. I think the overwhelming
response has been to just "get over it" and "get on with it" by buying
a purpose designed sub amp with integral crossover. You could use an
external, but two amps is a burden and as you have found, trying to
locate such an inefficient driver is difficult and well, inefficient.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250