Jon Yaeger

Default Schematics for KT88 redesign project

I've posted two schematics on alt.binaries.schematics.electronics under the
heading, "RAT KT88 Amp Project Schematics #1".

This is the amplifier that I wanted to reconfigure using an SRPP or Mu
Follower input stage and ECC99 drivers.

I'll begin my analysis of the circuit (starting with the front end) in a bit
after I get some time to work on it.

If someone can't access a.b.s.e., e-mail me and I'll send you .pdf versions
of the schematics.

Jon

Patrick Turner

Jon Yaeger wrote:

I've posted two schematics on alt.binaries.schematics.electronics under the
heading, "RAT KT88 Amp Project Schematics #1".

This is the amplifier that I wanted to reconfigure using an SRPP or Mu
Follower input stage and ECC99 drivers.

I'll begin my analysis of the circuit (starting with the front end) in a bit
after I get some time to work on it.

If someone can't access a.b.s.e., e-mail me and I'll send you .pdf versions
of the schematics.

Jon

I'm about 12 hours behind here at abse, and by the time your posts
are listed and I see the listing sat abse, they expire, and I don't get them.
So to be safe, post the schematics.

Could you be so kind as to email the schematics to me directly.

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner

Jon Yaeger wrote:

in article , Patrick Turner at
wrote on 5/6/05 2:50 AM:

Jon Yaeger wrote:

I've posted two schematics on alt.binaries.schematics.electronics under the
heading, "RAT KT88 Amp Project Schematics #1".

This is the amplifier that I wanted to reconfigure using an SRPP or Mu
Follower input stage and ECC99 drivers.

I'll begin my analysis of the circuit (starting with the front end) in a bit
after I get some time to work on it.

If someone can't access a.b.s.e., e-mail me and I'll send you .pdf versions
of the schematics.

Jon

I'm about 12 hours behind here at abse, and by the time your posts
are listed and I see the listing sat abse, they expire, and I don't get them.
So to be safe, post the schematics.

Could you be so kind as to email the schematics to me directly.

Patrick Turner.

Patrick,

I just sent you the two .pdfs.

I'd be grateful if you and other experts would let me make an ass of myself
first before you present complete dissertations . . . .

;-)

Thanks I got both, and still I cannot see your posts on abse.
The schemos are both of a stock standard Williamson
with a 6DJ8 for SET input, CPI, and 6SN7 for balanced amp,
and KT88 outputs.

The only dissertaion I might add now is to say to place a 4.7k between 0V
and the join of the two 470k and one 620 common cathode R,
thus increasing the common Rk from 620 to 5.3k, and thus making
the halves of the 6SN7 balance better.
I'd also be more purististical by dropping the B+
to 400v, and increasing Ia of the KT88, thus increasing the % of class A power
at only a mild expense of maximum AB1 power.

Patrick Turner.