crevitch

Default tube replacement question

I have an Ampeg M15. It calls for 6SL7, 6L6, 5u4. Can I replace with

1 Sovtek 6L6GB
1 Sovtek 5U4G
3 Sovtek 6SL7GT

Thanks!
Raymond Koonce

crevitch wrote:
I have an Ampeg M15. It calls for 6SL7, 6L6, 5u4. Can I replace with

1 Sovtek 6L6GB
1 Sovtek 5U4G
3 Sovtek 6SL7GT

Thanks!

They should work fine.

Raymond

Fabio Berutti

"crevitch" ha scritto nel messaggio
I have an Ampeg M15. It calls for 6SL7, 6L6, 5u4. Can I replace with

1 Sovtek 6L6GB

OK, it is the right tube. If You want longer life and can spend some more
$, get a couple of Svetlana or JJ/Tesla 6L6GCs. JAN-Philips 6L6WGBs are
another good choice, but @ 50 bucks/pair. Check the base diameter of the
tube You choose, it must fit the retaining springs of Your amp's sockets.

1 Sovtek 5U4G

Make sure it fits in the it's the Russian type 5Z3S, having a large
Coke-bottle shaped glass, taller and wider than the American tube.
Electrically it's exactly the same (a very well built tube, indeed)

3 Sovtek 6SL7GT

Surely OK, very good quality tube.

Thanks!