David

Default Brunswick Panatrope Model Number???

Hello my name is David and I am new to this site. I have a Brunswick
Panatrope system that I have just started to restore. This system was
made sometime between 1926 and 1929. The only model number I can find
anywhere is on a small gold plated medallion next to the turntable. It
says Model OX3 33718. The system consists of the following: a Radiola
60 chassis with seven UY-227 globe tubes. The UX-171A (power/A. F.)
tube is not present and the socket for it is capped off. The separate
power-supply has an UX-280 tube. An AP952 Rectifier Amplifier Unit has
five tubes: UX-199, UX-210, (two) UX-216 and a UV-876 ballast tube.
Finally, the electric turntable with the new " Magnetic Pickup
unit". Audio input, both for the Turntable and the Radiola 60, is
feed directly to the AP952 Amplifier Unit which in turn drives the
speaker. It's a beautiful system and the solid wood cabinet it sits
in is massive. Weighs almost 150 pounds.

I have tried to identify this system as to the exact model number and
have drawn a blank. All I have been able to find out is that the
Panatrope Radio/Phonograph systems came out in 1926. Does anyone know
anything about this system? I also have a RCA Radiola 17 receiver. It
has a tapped resistance unit with five different sections. The
schematic shows this item but not the values. Two of the sections are
open. Does anyone know the values or where I might obtain this
information. Thank you for your thoughts on these matters.

Sincerely

David/WB6YBY