rayshade

Default VTL vs Manley labs

Where i live VTL and Manley labs can be purchased at similar price. I would
like to know which of the above produces a better product? I heard that VTL
is alot more commercial these days and they don't compare to the older days?
is that true? I may want to buy the IT-85 vs the manley Stingray.

Ozzy 2005

rayshade wrote:
Where i live VTL and Manley labs can be purchased at similar price. I would
like to know which of the above produces a better product? I heard that VTL
is alot more commercial these days and they don't compare to the older days?
is that true? I may want to buy the IT-85 vs the manley Stingray.

Pesonally I'd get a VTL from audiogon.com
tubesforall

VTL was started by old man David Manley. The mantle passed on to son-in-law
and daughter. Son-in-law and daughter broke up. Eva Manley started her own
company under the Manley Labs name, while ex-son-in-law kept VTL and claims
it is a second generation family biz. That is not quite true, since the
"Manley" name and her dad's blessing passed to Eva. I personally like the
Manley stuff, and they are great at supporting anything you want to try. I
once owned serial #001 and #002 of the 440W monoblocks, and called Eva to
ask her how to convert to triode mode. She gave me all the help I needed
and followed up to make sure.
..
Nothing wrong with VTL, but the new Manley stuff is pretty cool.

"rayshade" wrote in message
Where i live VTL and Manley labs can be purchased at similar price. I
would
like to know which of the above produces a better product? I heard that
VTL
is alot more commercial these days and they don't compare to the older
days?
is that true? I may want to buy the IT-85 vs the manley Stingray.

EveAnna Manley

tubesforall, you are a little mixed up on the history there... my bio
page on my website will clarify this for you:
http://www.manleylabs.com/bioeveanna.html

Patrick Turner

EveAnna Manley wrote:

tubesforall, you are a little mixed up on the history there... my bio
page on my website will clarify this for you:
http://www.manleylabs.com/bioeveanna.html

And the very top of the afternoon to you EveAnna!!

Regards,

Patrick Turner.