Posted to rec.audio.misc
dansolitz dansolitz is offline

Default Help need software to convert cassette tape to audio cd

I just joined a choir and have practice tapes that I would like to
convert to audio cds .I have successfully taken the headphone output
of a boom box and plugged it into the microphone jack of my windows
home xp computer and can create a file which I have copied to a audio
cd using the software that came with windows, but it only works for a
short time. Does anyone know of a simple soft wear product that would
allow me to create a separate file for each song on the tape That I
could then copy to an audio cd? The simpler the better quality is not
an issue.
Thanks, Dan

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Jocelyn Major[_2_] Jocelyn Major[_2_] is offline

dansolitz a écrit :
I just joined a choir and have practice tapes that I would like to
convert to audio cds .I have successfully taken the headphone output
of a boom box and plugged it into the microphone jack of my windows
home xp computer and can create a file which I have copied to a audio
cd using the software that came with windows, but it only works for a
short time. Does anyone know of a simple soft wear product that would
allow me to create a separate file for each song on the tape That I
could then copy to an audio cd? The simpler the better quality is not
an issue.
Thanks, Dan

Simply download Audacity. It is free to use and quite simple to use
also. You can get it he
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Good luck

Jocelyn Major