Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] Peggy.Diamond@gmail.com is offline

Default stereo Akai receiver antenna Model # AA-R22

I came across this old but very classy looking receiver but it's
missing the antenna. It has four connector posts on the left it has
300 FM then the next one is 75 and the last one says loop. the nuts
cannot be completely unscrewed. I'm wrapping some antenna wire around
2 of the ?? for FM radio but get lots of interference. Is there an
easier way to do this. I'm trying to remember how we hooked up
antennas in the old days. I'm 80 years old and this is very trying.
I've been to Fry's and Radio Shack and Best Buy but none of the
antennas work on my old Akai stereo receiver. Any advice will be
appreciated.
My email address is or the above address

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
I came across this old but very classy looking receiver but it's
missing the antenna. It has four connector posts on the left it has
300 FM then the next one is 75 and the last one says loop. the nuts
cannot be completely unscrewed. I'm wrapping some antenna wire around
2 of the ?? for FM radio but get lots of interference. Is there an
easier way to do this. I'm trying to remember how we hooked up
antennas in the old days. I'm 80 years old and this is very trying.
I've been to Fry's and Radio Shack and Best Buy but none of the
antennas work on my old Akai stereo receiver. Any advice will be
appreciated.
My email address is or the above address

You need a simple 300 ohm dipole antenna connected to the 300 ohm terminals,
and an AM loop connected to the two AM antenna terminals.

Sheesh. If the guys at Radio Shack don't even know this, they are truly only
selling cell phone contracts these days.

Mark Z.