Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] brianoneill@usenclosure.com is offline

Default Easy Method to make quality curved cabinets at home.

Hi,

A way exists to make quality ( 60# cubic foot MDF density ) but Curved-
Wall loudspeaker cabinets in a home workshop.

The benefits are well-known and published on books and discussed on
the internet so the sound quality, both measured and qualitative are
not discussed in this message.

You do receive the following:

Far less corner soundwave diffraction for higher quality sound.

Internal soundwaves are focused into the center of the enclosure and
are concurrently partially dampened via destructive interfenance
patterns. Focusing also lowers the number of reflected soundwaves
which pass through the back of the loudspeaker cone(s) creating a less-
muddy sound than normally expected.

Your cabinet design can be time-aligned. It can have proper sized
vents. It can have a stand or wall interface like a box shaped
enclosure. The cabinets will have the wall density (or more) of MDF.
And the cabinets can be created in a standard home workshop. No
woodbending is involved, no gluing thin salad-bowls together. Your
design, no matter what the shape, is the end product. You probably
won't have to buy any tools you don't already own. You will have to
buy the enclosure materials from your favorite hardware store.

We have made over 200 enclosures using the exact techniques detailed
for special projects for companies like Dolby Labs. The process is
mature and proven. Only 3% of our clients have had issues of any
nature about the enclosures they received.

For DVD-video instructions, the cost is $7.50 including shipping in
the US. We can ship anywhere outside the US and pass the postage
costs without markup. We accept personal checks made to Us Enclosure
2135 San Antonio Road Upland, CA USA 91784. Our 12 year old website
is located at www.usenclosure.com

It is not a professionally-looking video but pains we taken to cover
every aspect of the project from buying materials, step-by-step
construction instructions, and finish instructions. The knowledge is
in the video.

You can email us for further details before you purchase. Hit me or
use our website to hit our engineer. We have kept the DVD cost down to
our-cost because we want others that want to hear systems with non-
diffracting sound with non-reflection through drivers to have the
ability to make their own units in their workshop using our proven
techniques. $7.50 for a video DVD including shipping shows we are not
in it for the money. We could post it on-line but we did incur costs
making the video and for the 10 years perfecting the technology we are
transfering to you. For $6 after our costs.

We won't be back on this group to read responses as we know negative
responsses will occur. So email us directly if you have a question.

Brian O'Neill
US Enclosure Company