Posted to rec.audio.misc
markgriffioen markgriffioen is offline

Default '95 Caprice Classic ejects cassette adapter

I have a '95 Chevy Caprice Classic. It has the factory stereo in it
with a cassette deck. I also have a cassette adapter for an iPod/CD
Player/etc. The problem is when I try to push the cassette adapter
into the deck, it scans side 1 & 2 and then ejects it.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I want to use the cassette audio
adapter, but it doesn't want to let me.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] 1shado1@sbcglobal.net is offline

On May 12, 11:42 pm, markgriffioen wrote:
I have a '95 Chevy Caprice Classic. It has the factory stereo in it
with a cassette deck. I also have a cassette adapter for an iPod/CD
Player/etc. The problem is when I try to push the cassette adapter
into the deck, it scans side 1 & 2 and then ejects it.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I want to use the cassette audio
adapter, but it doesn't want to let me.

Thanks in advance.

PROBABLY either the belts (if there are any) in your aging cassette
deck need replacing, or the hubs of the cassette adapter don't turn
freely enough, or a combination of both. I had the same problem in my
'95 Taurus.
Got by using a different cassette adapter that spun more freely (less
drag). Hope this helps.

Jeff

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Jerome Jerome is offline

markgriffioen wrote:

I have a '95 Chevy Caprice Classic. It has the factory stereo in it
with a cassette deck. I also have a cassette adapter for an iPod/CD
Player/etc. The problem is when I try to push the cassette adapter
into the deck, it scans side 1 & 2 and then ejects it.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I want to use the cassette audio
adapter, but it doesn't want to let me.

Thanks in advance.

When I used to work on the road in the 90s, and rent cars, I always noticed
GM car stereos (usually Pontiacs) were most likely to spit out my adapter,
whereas Fords never did. I always asked for a Ford rental because of this.
I figured it was something about their factory decks.

Posted to rec.audio.misc

On May 13, 6:02 pm, Jerome wrote:
When I used to work on the road in the 90s, and rent cars, I always noticed
GM car stereos (usually Pontiacs) were most likely to spit out my adapter,
whereas Fords never did. I always asked for a Ford rental because of this.
I figured it was something about their factory decks.

Interesting. So even when new, GM stereos rejected the cassette
adapter?
Well, then I guess it might not be the problem I thought it was. Oh
well, it was worth a try. Maybe GM decks used some sort of optical
sensor to detect the tape itself (as opposed to the tape shell)?

Jeff